The Student Room Group

The *I'm in quarantine at uni* thread

There's an awful lot circulating online at the moment about people moving to university, potential advice being given about Christmas time, people complaining about online lectures etc.

But I just want to focus on the here and now for the moment, and talk about quarantine.

Quite a lot of students at the moment will be moving into their new residences and may be asked to self isolate when they move in, or may be asked to self isolate very soon if it is discovered that somebody in your flat/bubble/household has tested positive for covid.

If you're in this situation, or have some advice to share, then post here and share the love and appreciation.

This experience can be quite daunting particularly if you're new to university or if you haven't had to self-isolate since the national lockdown.

I will update the original post of this thread with some more info about where to find help, as well as some of the top tips from users on TSR. :smile:

Ot makes sense, but good luck 04mr17, its only 14 days, unless one of your housemates catches it or you develop it. You can still use tsr.
Just remember what you're all paying for this academic year :lol:
Hello all :hi:
I have just moved back to uni and am doing the 7 day stick to your household thing
At the moment this just means you don't go around other student flats
You can still leave the flat etc.
Am also taking part in the Soton Uni covid-19 saliva testing scheme :yy:
My modules are all online but I will have a lab-based project where I will plan lab work and book time to go to the lab to do it etc.
Final year final push :dumbells:
Someone in the Halls block next door to mine, apparently has Covid symptoms :frown:
They've had a test but they're still waiting for the results though
Apparently someone in like the floor above us wrote a very strongly worded letter to their flatmates, saying that if they did not adhere to social distancing, keep going out + making noise they'd keep reporting them which would give them fines :eek3: :yikes: I suppose that's fair re. social distancing but I think they've burned some bridges if they want to make friends with their flatmates
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
Someone in the Halls block next door to mine, apparently has Covid symptoms :frown:
They've had a test but they're still waiting for the results though
Apparently someone in like the floor above us wrote a very strongly worded letter to their flatmates, saying that if they did not adhere to social distancing, keep going out + making noise they'd keep reporting them which would give them fines :eek3: :yikes: I suppose that's fair re. social distancing but I think they've burned some bridges if they want to make friends with their flatmates

It's really tricky isn't it? :redface:
I think the best way to do that is just by talking to flatmates and agree on some ground rules. You've got to find a balance between staying safe but also getting on with one another and if you can mutually agree on rules (and write them down!) that's far better than what I've seen with some people in the past - where one housemate assumes that everybody else has the same standards as them. :hide:
How are you getting on? :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
It's really tricky isn't it? :redface:
I think the best way to do that is just by talking to flatmates and agree on some ground rules. You've got to find a balance between staying safe but also getting on with one another and if you can mutually agree on rules (and write them down!) that's far better than what I've seen with some people in the past - where one housemate assumes that everybody else has the same standards as them. :hide:
How are you getting on? :smile:

Ikr it is tricky :sadnod: i think we're all pretty good on our floor, all wear masks when going out etc, everybody's pretty open about where we going if we're going out and all :smile:
I think its going really well :yep: A few people have gone home for the weekend so its quite quiet, but the ones of us that are left are ordering pizza :awesome:
Original post by Chronoscope
A few people have gone home for the weekend

They've only been there 5 minutes :lolwut:

I have quite strong feelings about this, parents should be visiting their children where possible, rather than the other way around.

Glad things are going well though :hugs: And pizza is good :biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
They've only been there 5 minutes :lolwut:

I have quite strong feelings about this, parents should be visiting their children where possible, rather than the other way around.

Glad things are going well though :hugs: And pizza is good :biggrin:

Some people get very homesick.
Some students like home just as much as seeing their parents.
I’m not in quarantine but my uni is now in a local lockdown zone. :bebored:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending