The Student Room Group

Work coach location choices

Hi,
I have an offer for the Warrington location but now I see DWP are recruiting for closer locations.

Has anyone been able to change locations or would it be a case to reject offer and chance applying again for a closer job center.

Thanks and congrats to everyone.
Reply 1
Original post by bahonz
Hi,
I have an offer for the Warrington location but now I see DWP are recruiting for closer locations.

Has anyone been able to change locations or would it be a case to reject offer and chance applying again for a closer job center.

Thanks and congrats to

Me too. Not many posts for this latest campaign though only 49 between lots of different offices. After all the weeks of waiting its very frustrating
Reply 2
Original post by bahonz
Hi,

Thanks and congrats to everyone.

You can apply again if the advertise again for a closer location. However if you are successful for the first campaign they will not change the location.
Reply 3
Original post by Aysha98x
You can apply again if the advertise again for a closer location. However if you are successful for the first campaign they will not change the location.

So there's literally no movement on that even if you put the latest location as second choice on first campaign? Goes against limiting people travelling all around the place.
Does anyone know if the warrington location is a contact centre?
Reply 4
Original post by Mrsdav
So there's literally no movement on that even if you put the latest location as second choice on first campaign? Goes against limiting people travelling all around the place.
Does anyone know if the warrington location is a contact centre?

Depends which campaign you’re successful on. Usually DWP ask candidates to number their preferences 1st 2nd 3rd and so on. However the campaigns this year didn’t have this. A lot of people have not had their first or even second preference. I have seen people who ticked most locations possible and received the location that’s furthest away from them and they wouldn’t change it. They will give you any of the locations you have selected on the location questionnaire and state it’s one of the one’s you ticked you were happy to work at. So I would advise only selecting the ones you are happy to travel to. None of the EO WC roles are contact centre based. They are based in Job Centres and will involve making calls to claimants as the job centre isn’t fully open to public to visit.
Reply 5
Depends which campaign you’re successful on. Usually DWP ask candidates to number their preferences 1st 2nd 3rd and so on. However the campaigns this year didn’t have this. A lot of people have not had their first or even second preference. I have seen people who ticked most locations possible and received the location that’s furthest away from them and they wouldn’t change it. They will give you any of the locations you have selected on the location questionnaire and state it’s one of the one’s you ticked you were happy to work at. So I would advise only selecting the ones you are happy to travel to. None of the EO WC roles are contact centre based. They are based in Job Centres and will involve making calls to claimants as the job centre isn’t fully open to public to visit.

Successful in july . Provisional offer awaiting a human conversation. Did the SJT today and now says application will be reviewed for liverpool. Wondering if any WCs are WFH.
Reply 6
Original post by Mrsdav
Successful in july . Provisional offer awaiting a human conversation. Did the SJT today and now says application will be reviewed for liverpool. Wondering if any WCs are WFH.

It does depend on the preferences you select for each campaign. If you take up the provisional offer they will most likely withdraw your second one. If you don’t accept it they’ll put you back on the reserve list.
Some WC’s are WFH which are existing ones who have been told to shield in March this year. New starters will be expected to work in the office unless they are from a shielding group and have recently received a letter from the NHS to continue shielding as some health conditions no longer require shielding. There is however consideration for homeworking a few days a week in the future as there will be a lot of work coaches and the job centres may not have enough space to keep all in the office at once. This is however still being considered by DWP.
Reply 7
It does depend on the preferences you select for each campaign. If you take up the provisional offer they will most likely withdraw your second one. If you don’t accept it they’ll put you back on the reserve list.
Some WC’s are WFH which are existing ones who have been told to shield in March this year. New starters will be expected to work in the office unless they are from a shielding group and have recently received a letter from the NHS to continue shielding as some health conditions no longer require shielding. There is however consideration for homeworking a few days a week in the future as there will be a lot of work coaches and the job centres may not have enough space to keep all in the office at once. This is however still being considered by DWP.

All will be revealed in time then. I think July was a tough recruitment and I am happy to be successful and looking forward to getting all the loose ends tied up.
Reply 8
Original post by Mrsdav
All will be revealed in time then. I think July was a tough recruitment and I am happy to be successful and looking forward to getting all the loose ends tied up.

It’s a great place to work and they are understanding too. I hope you enjoy it!

Some WCs are starting to see claimants particularly those with vulnerabilities. A proportion of WC vacancies are located in some of the contact centres which also have a JC.
Original post by Hey2000
Some WCs are starting to see claimants particularly those with vulnerabilities. A proportion of WC vacancies are located in some of the contact centres which also have a JC.

It’s only because they have limited space in the actual job centres. That will most probably be the last location they offer to applicants. Most of these roles will be of Virtual Work Coaches which means they will not require face to face appointments. It will be over the internet and via phone calls. It’s the same role but will just be either based in a Service Centre/Contact Centre or Job Centre.
Reply 11
It’s only because they have limited space in the actual job centres. That will most probably be the last location they offer to applicants. Most of these roles will be of Virtual Work Coaches which means they will not require face to face appointments. It will be over the internet and via phone calls. It’s the same role but will just be either based in a Service Centre/Contact Centre or Job Centre.

Thanks so much for the info. There's been so little so far. Starting to feel real now.
Reply 12
Have you been invited to interview for September's round?
Original post by Mrsdav
Reply 13
Original post by bahonz
Have you been invited to interview for September's round?

No. Says application will be reviewed.
I have been offered a provisional offer but now they have opened up vacancies in Darlington, where i live. Since the application my childcareArrangements have changed so wont be able to travel very far. Ive asked to discuss offer . See if i can; change location or whether i can WFH. No one has rang me yet to discuss so will see. Congrats to everyone who made it. All the best.
Reply 15
Original post by Aafrin786
I have been offered a provisional offer but now they have opened up vacancies in Darlington, where i live. Since the application my childcareArrangements have changed so wont be able to travel very far. Ive asked to discuss offer . See if i can; change location or whether i can WFH. No one has rang me yet to discuss so will see. Congrats to everyone who made it. All the best.

I just got a straight no when I asked if I could switch location so I've continued with the original location as its not that far away. Good luck.
Original post by Mrsdav
I just got a straight no when I asked if I could switch location so I've continued with the original location as its not that far away. Good luck.

Hello, I have an app in process. Did all of you guys get offered your first choice, for location?
Original post by Mrsdav

Ive just refused my offer. Oh well, my loss will be someones gain. Will apply for the Darlington role.
All the best lovely.
Reply 18
Original post by Aafrin786
Ive just refused my offer. Oh well, my loss will be someones gain. Will apply for the Darlington role.
All the best lovely.

Frustrating system. Hope you are successful for the further application. Will be worth the hassle. You did it before you can do it again!
Reply 19

I applied in July this year. Been put on reserve list. I had 3 location choices. I put Oldham, Manchester and Rochdale

Quick Reply