The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Should i even go this year ?

Im meant to be starting imperial in a month and just realised how big of an ask this is and tbh i havent really thought it through. I'm not even sure im interested or passionate in the course anymore. I think it just hit me how much of a commitment this is. I'd be more interested in a different degree and imo interest in your course is critical to getting you through an imperial degree. the problem is i am going to have nothing to do during gap. I had some work experience set up which all fell through during covid. And, understandably, my mum is pushing me into going uni this year cos i'll have nothing to do. Theres some internships open that i'd be interested in also would quite like to travel (within uk bearing in mind i understand abroad travel would be very uncertain). also i've recently had buisness idea that id like to try out. But im scared of being alone/bored/ or unproductive. I had a couple of family health problems which meant i couldnt do some stuff during quarantine. But honestly I dont even know if i'd be able to pass the first few test let a lone get a good degree. Ive really left myself in a bad position. I'd say i am quite self-disiplined with time but idk if id be able to plan for a whole year. also what if i am still not clear on my degree option by next year. I could perhaps do some online tutoring since i have previous experience of this. honestly i am lost.
Original post by Anonymous
Im meant to be starting imperial in a month and just realised how big of an ask this is and tbh i havent really thought it through. I'm not even sure im interested or passionate in the course anymore. I think it just hit me how much of a commitment this is. I'd be more interested in a different degree and imo interest in your course is critical to getting you through an imperial degree. the problem is i am going to have nothing to do during gap. I had some work experience set up which all fell through during covid. And, understandably, my mum is pushing me into going uni this year cos i'll have nothing to do. Theres some internships open that i'd be interested in also would quite like to travel (within uk bearing in mind i understand abroad travel would be very uncertain). also i've recently had buisness idea that id like to try out. But im scared of being alone/bored/ or unproductive. I had a couple of family health problems which meant i couldnt do some stuff during quarantine. But honestly I dont even know if i'd be able to pass the first few test let a lone get a good degree. Ive really left myself in a bad position. I'd say i am quite self-disiplined with time but idk if id be able to plan for a whole year. also what if i am still not clear on my degree option by next year. I could perhaps do some online tutoring since i have previous experience of this. honestly i am lost.

Omgg sameee I’m literally in the same position as you. I was just thinking about it right now. What are you studying? I’m studying biomed
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Omgg sameee I’m literally in the same position as you. I was just thinking about it right now. What are you studying? I’m studying biomed

gonna be doing chemistry, idek if i want it anymore and sort of dreading it. now family is sort of forcing me to go :/ what you thinking of doing ?
gonna be doing chemistry, idek if i want it anymore and sort of dreading it. now family is sort of forcing me to go :/ what you thinking of doing ?

Sameee😤😩I’m in the exact same situation but my uni is starting in 2 days so I’m even more stressed out. I think you should look at jobs on indeed or online and see if you see yourself I’m doing that job and check the entry requirements. I think I’m still going to continue as most work places accept you if you get a good grade and are studying a stem subject
Reply 4
Fgs I've decided to start but now I know that was totally the wrong decision. Is it too late to ask to defer lol. I listened to my parents too much who, no offense, have zero value how university actually work. I've ruined things bloody hell
I think it just hit me how much of a commitment this is. I'd be more interested in a different degree and imo interest in your course is critical to getting you through an imperial degree.

Any degree at any university* :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by candidate415
Any degree at any university* :smile:

Yep that's true
Fgs I've decided to start but now I know that was totally the wrong decision. Is it too late to ask to defer lol. I listened to my parents too much who, no offense, have zero value how university actually work. I've ruined things bloody hell

Sameee man I started my biomed degree and it’s so boring especially since it’s online and I cant make any friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending