The Student Room Group

University of Plymouth A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of Plymouth A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Plymouth A100 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022606

For general information click: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery

For entry requirements click: (see above)

Plymouth A100 / A102 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6924954

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied to study foundation medicine last year when I was in year 13 and I got an interview offer and a conditional offer however my A level results did not match so I got rejected.
Luckily I got a place in foundation biomedical sciences the same year,and now after passing onto biomedical sciences first year I am applying to study medicine at the same university.
.Anyone that would want to share their advice regarding MMI?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Rosa88
I have applied to study foundation medicine last year when I was in year 13 and I got an interview offer and a conditional offer however my A level results did not match so i got rejected.
Luckily I got a place in foundation biomedical sciences the same year,and now after passing onto biomedical sciences first year I am applying to study medicine at the same university.
I am starting to prepare for MMI and as I completed interviews before too but I do struggle to prepare for them.Anyone that I the past has applied to Plymouth and would like to share their advice on how to prepare for them or the sort of questions they generally tend to ask?

Please note it's against our rules, and the rules of pretty much every single med school to ask what questions came up in interviews.

Med admissions tutors will come on here, so if anyone asks (or worse, answers) it could really mean disaster. There have been cases when students have been disqualified for cheating (on TSR!).

All candidates will have been asked to agree to a non disclosure agreement either in writing or verbally.

There are common interview Qs on the Medic Portal. Be prepared for generic Qs like "why medicine and why Plymouth"

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Apologies I worded the question wrong. I wanted to ask said instead the style of questions that do come up,because obviously none of the questions will be repeated in future.Thank you for letting me know,will keep in mind in future.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Rosa88
Apologies I worded the question wrong. I wanted to ask said instead the style of questions that do come up,because obviously none of the questions will be repeated in future.Thank you for letting me know,will keep in mind in future.

The questions do repeat*, that's why the candidates are not allowed to say what they had.

*it may not be the next day, but it may repeat later on in the cycle, or the next year etc.

DoI: I'm an interviewer (not for Plymouth)

Original post by Gregor99
Those stats are good and should be easily enough to get you an interview, 760 UKCAT is amazing, well done.
Here’s a link to the entry requirements
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery
Gives you GCSE, A level requirements and past UKCAT cut off for interviews

hi here are mine 8888777766 ucat 607.5 total 2430 would i get an interview
Reply 6
Hey I've been researching on Unis and have a good idea of the selection process. Plymouth is the only one I cannot find anything on how they choose to invite people to interview. Is it purely UCAT? GCSE? I can't find anything on it. Would really appreciate if anyone can let me know.
Reply 7
Original post by Nnnnnngg
Hey I've been researching on Unis and have a good idea of the selection process. Plymouth is the only one I cannot find anything on how they choose to invite people to interview. Is it purely UCAT? GCSE? I can't find anything on it. Would really appreciate if anyone can let me know.

Minimum GCSE and Alevel requirements then shortlisted to interview based on UCAT. PS isn't scored. Offer is given based on interview performance
Oh wow...i remember back in my day the tutors were not wise enough to come on TSR/New media medicine....certainly wasn’t anything about a non disclosure of the interview process..
Reply 9
Original post by iceman_jondoe
Oh wow...i remember back in my day the tutors were not wise enough to come on TSR/New media medicine....certainly wasn’t anything about a non disclosure of the interview process..

Haha perhaps it's worthwhile signing up to do interviews at your local med school.

It's definitely an eye-opening experience when I did it the first time a few years ago!

I remember i created a thread on how to get into PMS back in the day...it had all the possible questions they could ask! explains why i can’t find that thread or the website any more! Did new media medicine get shut down?
I may decide to venture into the world of medical interviews one day
Reply 11
Hi,
I just wanted to see if I have a chance of getting an invite for interview, I've been told I have for Plymouth but just wanted to double check for safety.

GCSEs:
9 in bio, chem, physics, maths
8 in English language, German, D&T
7 in English literature, geog, religious studies

A levels:
AAA at AS levels in bio, chem and maths, haven't been given predicted grades yet but teachers say I should be getting minimum of A*AA, could change

UCAT:
VR = 570
DM = 650
QR = 800
AR = 630
SJT = B1
Total = 2650, average = 662.5

If you need more info then I can easily drop it in
I meet all the minimum requirements for gcses alevel and ucat

but my ucat is 602.5 B2
Will that be enough for interview?
Reply 13
Hi so I got 2760 b1 in my UCAT so I am thinking about applying to Plymouth- but I want to make sure will they just give interviews to anyone with a UCAT above 2400 (as long as they meet GCSE requirements)? and do they not score PS as I've seen most people and a 2019 FOI say this however this link from their website says otherwise:

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/outreach/medicine-dentistry-biomedical-healthcare/writing-a-personal-statement-for-a-medicine-or-dentistry-application
(unless it's outdated)

Any help would be appreciated
Reply 14
Original post by ok123y
Hi so I got 2760 b1 in my UCAT so I am thinking about applying to Plymouth- but I want to make sure will they just give interviews to anyone with a UCAT above 2400 (as long as they meet GCSE requirements)? and do they not score PS as I've seen most people and a 2019 FOI say this however this link from their website says otherwise:

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/outreach/medicine-dentistry-biomedical-healthcare/writing-a-personal-statement-for-a-medicine-or-dentistry-application
(unless it's outdated)

Any help would be appreciated

From my understanding they shortlist based on UCAT as you mention. Possibly that link refers to how they complete a screening of your PS to assess if you are motivated, have potential to be a good doctor etc but it isn't actually marked/scored and is used just as a tick box exercise pre-interview. This is just my speculation however and if anyone knows the actual answer then that would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Abz231
From my understanding they shortlist based on UCAT as you mention. Possibly that link refers to how they complete a screening of your PS to assess if you are motivated, have potential to be a good doctor etc but it isn't actually marked/scored and is used just as a tick box exercise pre-interview. This is just my speculation however and if anyone knows the actual answer then that would be greatly appreciated!

but my ucat is 602.5 B2
Hello,
Does anyone know the UCAT cut-off score for 2021 entry?
Original post by Timo werner

but my ucat is 602.5 B2

Why do you wanna be a doctor? Aren’t Chelsea paying u enough?
Original post by aspiringmedic:0
Hello,
Does anyone know the UCAT cut-off score for 2021 entry?

Does Plymouth accept AAA? their website says A*AA-AAB

Latest

Trending

Trending