The Student Room Group

Failed gcse maths will university still accept?

I’m in my final year of A levels doing business Media and Btec Information Technology. I am really passionate about ICT and thus I want to take it in university however I got a grade 3 in maths (D) . So will unis still accept me because from studying my btec ICT I believe I have got a good amount of knowledge on the subject and is very similar to the course content to the actual university degree . Please help me :frown:
Reply 1
It depends what the uni requirement is. Email them and ask, or look at the prospectus.
You can always do gcse maths at college when you've finished your a levels if they won't.
You need to resit GCSE Maths. You have to resit it if you don't get a 4 - your school should be insisting on this. This is because you need a minimum Level 4 for most jobs.
And no ICT degree will accept you with a 3.

You can resit it alongside your current qualifications - ask you school/college.
Reply 3
Original post by plainjayne1
It depends what the uni requirement is. Email them and ask, or look at the prospectus.
You can always do gcse maths at college when you've finished your a levels if they won't.

Will I then have to take gap year and do maths again?
Reply 4
If they won't accept your grade 3, which I doubt they will, yes. I'm surprised you were able to do A levels without a grade 4.
Original post by SH191
Will I then have to take gap year and do maths again?

You can resit it alongside your A levels.
Ask you school.
Reply 6
Original post by plainjayne1
If they won't accept your grade 3, which I doubt they will, yes. I'm surprised you were able to do A levels without a grade 4.

Ignore this, I just saw its btec. Sorry, I didn't read properly.
If you can do it in school, definitely do that. Otherwise, you could just do a night class alongside school or resit next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending