The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So, I'm just gonna say it. At this point your request *reeks* of "I'm trying to get help for something I'm not supposed to get help with".

There are good reasons the graduate level posters don't typically give private help, and you're not making a convincing case for anyone to make an exception IMHO.
Original post by DFranklin
So, I'm just gonna say it. At this point your request *reeks* of "I'm trying to get help for something I'm not supposed to get help with".

There are good reasons the graduate level posters don't typically give private help, and you're not making a convincing case for anyone to make an exception IMHO.

Yes, I know but clearly, I don't want to "make a convincing case". I just want someone to be helpful.
Original post by DFranklin

You can assume the worst in me but I promise I do just want some help on something I am allowed help with.
Original post by Lightning720
You can assume the worst in me but I promise I do just want some help on something I am allowed help with.

Happy to help. What's the problem?
Sorry I didn't mean that you could message me.
Anyway, your problem is a very standard textbook exercise. Post it here and someone will help. I can't imagine a good reason why you can't post here.

Edit. Having now done my question I have to say it's not as straightforward as I suggested.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Plücker
Happy to help. What's the problem?
Sorry I didn't mean that you could message me.
Anyway, your problem is a very standard textbook exercise. Post it here and someone will help. I can't imagine a good reason why you can't post here.

Just because you can't imagine a "good" reason doesn't mean there isn't one.
Just because you can't imagine a "good" reason doesn't mean there isn't one.

How about trying this one in public?

x210x+7dx\displaystyle \int \sqrt{x^2-10x+7} dx
Anyone?
Anyone?

Just post it on the forum. You'll get better help faster, and clearly nobody wants you to PM them - I cannot think of a good reason why you would be unable to.
Reply 9
Original post by Plücker
How about trying this one in public?

x210x+7dx\displaystyle \int \sqrt{x^2-10x+7} dx

Anyone?

Is the above the actual question under discussion?
Original post by Theloniouss
Just post it on the forum. You'll get better help faster, and clearly nobody wants you to PM them - I cannot think of a good reason why you would be unable to.

Just because you can't think of a good reason doesn't mean there isn't a good reason.
Original post by davros
Is the above the actual question under discussion?

No.
If you’re not going to post it here or give a good reason why you can’t post it here, then no one is going to help you...
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
If you’re not going to post it here or give a good reason why you can’t post it here, then no one is going to help you...

Why should I have to give a good reason? Why can't my word be enough?

Because it's pretty hard to think of a reason other than that you aren't allowed to post it publicly. It's a maths question, it's hardly likely to be something personal :lol:
Original post by Theloniouss
Because it's pretty hard to think of a reason other than that you aren't allowed to post it publicly. It's a maths question, it's hardly likely to be something personal :lol:

Again, just because you can't think of a reason doesn't mean there isn't one.
Reply 16

If you'd posted the question on here 2 hours ago you could have had some help by now :smile:

You do you but if you want help, then you have to choose lol
Original post by davros
If you'd posted the question on here 2 hours ago you could have had some help by now :smile:

If someone offered their help in the way I requested 2 hours ago, I could have had some help by now.
just post it on here??? pms are a faff when it comes to things like these.

Latest