The Student Room Group

regulations infringing on the honor, reputation or dignity of others

Please show me what regulations of your country (laws, which terms) govern a public apology responsibility when violating the honor, reputation or dignity of others.
For example: I insult you on facebook (internet). You sued me to court asking me to apologize to you publicly. Accordingly, will the Court make me apologize to you? If yes, where will the Court ask me to apologize (on the internet at the same page that I offended you - facebook, or in the press), how to do it?
Original post by lisa.nguyen
Please show me what regulations of your country (laws, which terms) govern a public apology responsibility when violating the honor, reputation or dignity of others.
For example: I insult you on facebook (internet). You sued me to court asking me to apologize to you publicly. Accordingly, will the Court make me apologize to you? If yes, where will the Court ask me to apologize (on the internet at the same page that I offended you - facebook, or in the press), how to do it?

Hi :hi:
I've popped your thread into law study help where you should get some more responses :yes:
I hope you have a lovely day,
Cheese :bump:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi :hi:
I've popped your thread into law study help where you should get some more responses :yes:
I hope you have a lovely day,
Cheese :bump:

thank you so much!
Original post by lisa.nguyen

Defamation is a tortious claim. In general, the courts can only order relief of damages or injunctions. Anything like apologies is a privately settled arrangement.

Look up "defamation relief" or "defamation remedies" and make sure it is of the relevant jurisdiction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending