The Student Room Group

Parent's education/jobs

I'm doing the UCAS application for 2021, will it go against me if my parents didn't do further education? Also, their current jobs- will it go against me if they have shop jobs as opposed to careers?
(edited 3 years ago)
No.
Depending on your grades, parent's earnings and annual household income, you may be awarded some bursaries.
Reply 2
No, the unis won't even know what your parents do, as they are only looking at yourself in the application
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Depending on your grades, parent's earnings and annual household income, you may be awarded some bursaries.

Thank you. But from the non financial side of it- will it look bad that my parents didn't go to university and only have shop jobs. Thanks for your reply though
Original post by Roxy650
Thank you. But from the non financial side of it- will it look bad that my parents didn't go to university and only have shop jobs. Thanks for your reply though

No.
You are unlikely to be asked for your parents career history and current occupations.
Several childhood friends were raised by teenage single mothers who worked part time as waitresses, cleaners and hairdressers.
They have all graduated uni, studied at postgrad level and two received full mba funding before they were 26.
Reply 5
Original post by Moana92
No, the unis won't even know what your parents do, as they are only looking at yourself in the application

Ok thank you. It mentions it on the 'additional information' on the UCAS application.
I’m fairly sure your university can’t see that information. UCAS just collects it for monitoring purposes.
Reply 7
Original post by Dancer2001
I’m fairly sure your university can’t see that information. UCAS just collects it for monitoring purposes.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending