The Student Room Group

Year 11 foundation to higher

Is moving from foundation to higher possible I got told if I do good in mocks it’s can be done as I am finding foundation quite easy and don’t want to wait until mocks as of coronavirus what is my best choice ?
Hi,
I believe your best choice would be to talk to your subject teacher and explain to them why you want to move to higher. If they don't allow you to move to higher, you can always ask them why they think that and prove it to them by showing the teachers proof (previous exams or try a higher paper and show the teachers your results) that you will be able to succeed in higher.

Hope it helps.
i
Original post by HPablo485
Is moving from foundation to higher possible I got told if I do good in mocks it’s can be done as I am finding foundation quite easy and don’t want to wait until mocks as of coronavirus what is my best choice ?

i was in year 11 after i had come to the UK from Kenya
i found foundation basically very easy as the education system back in Kenya was tough
so there was a day the teacher asked 18×180
and i had said 3240 with a blink of an eye and not only my fellow my classmates were surprised but also my teacher
isn't that easy?
just the square of 18 which you should know offhead ad one zero digit at the end
i was promoted to higher the next day which still was easy for me but a but tricky
some topics were newborn to me
i did MY GCSE AND GOT AN 8 IN MATHS
yes you can get promoted to higher but you need to be working hard and smart🙂🙂
Reply 3
Original post by mfjm.rizvi
Hi,
I believe your best choice would be to talk to your subject teacher and explain to them why you want to move to higher. If they don't allow you to move to higher, you can always ask them why they think that and prove it to them by showing the teachers proof (previous exams or try a higher paper and show the teachers your results) that you will be able to succeed in higher.

Hope it helps.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by +447907736888
i

i was in year 11 after i had come to the UK from Kenya
i found foundation basically very easy as the education system back in Kenya was tough
so there was a day the teacher asked 18×180
and i had said 3240 with a blink of an eye and not only my fellow my classmates were surprised but also my teacher
isn't that easy?
just the square of 18 which you should know offhead ad one zero digit at the end
i was promoted to higher the next day which still was easy for me but a but tricky
some topics were newborn to me
i did MY GCSE AND GOT AN 8 IN MATHS
yes you can get promoted to higher but you need to be working hard and smart🙂🙂

Thanks man helps a lot

Quick Reply

Latest