The Student Room Group

Has anyone successfully appealed a life time ban from Sainsburys?

Long story short, I’ve been accused of stealing from Sainsburys, I didn’t, one of my items just didn’t scan (but if they check CCTV they will see I did scan it so god knows what happened) and then I had trouble with another item and didn’t scan the right barcode so it also didn’t go through (I had no sound on my scanning device so I didn’t even realise - things like cat litter etc sometimes have 2 barcodes, easy enough mistake) I begged for him to watch CCTV but he refused and told me to appeal it, I’ve seen a lot of people on here saying about appealing but they all admit to actually stealing, however I didn’t, has anyone been in the same position and can offer advice vs options?

Or even stories if you did steal and they lifted the ban, as if they’ve lifted it for other then I’d be hopeful they might lift it for me.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
They took my name, address and a photo and I’m a very tall and a very distinctive looking person, plus I go in there everyday and have done for years so I think everyone in there knows me 🙈

(Original post by IWMTom)
I'd love to know how they're going to enforce a "lifetime ban". It's a scare tactic.
Reply 2
Original post by GamerGirlK
They took my name, address and a photo and I’m a very tall and a very distinctive looking person, plus I go in there everyday and have done for years so I think everyone in there knows me 🙈

(Original post by IWMTom)

Right, and literally every other Sainsbury's in the country?
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
Right, and literally every other Sainsbury's in the country?

Apparently so, I’m sure I could go into other Sainsburys and they wouldn’t recognise me but my local one is my only shop for miles and I don’t drive so it’s going to be quite hard if I can’t go into it anymore 🙈
Wait 6m, they'll have forgotten you!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending