Should I give my girlfriend another chance?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,
I have a LDR with my girlfriend. We've been communicated for almost a year but only got see each other this summer only.
I had some quarrels with my girlfriend these days. She admited her guilt and I did the same.
Long story short she apologized for how irrational she was and she told me she just wanted to hear something positive from someone and disrespected me unintentionally because she didn't want to hear the truth about the situation we're in.
My fear is that what is she going to do when bigger problems start to arise?
She wants to make changes in her life but I don't know if I should believe her considering she's been avoiding my suggestion all this time. I never pushed anything on her and she knows this.
I could've been more direct with her about how I feel to be honest and I told her this.
I'm concerned about this in the long run. I don't know if I should believe her considering the fact that she's always been like this but at the time I'm her relationship so she can learn I guess, right?

If so, I'm up for this as she has plenty of qualities I desire and she's a lovely human being but it's hard for me to believe her after all of this and after all the things she told me.
I don't want to antagonize her, as I said she's lovely in general.

Also, I don't see any future moment when we would be able to meet again. She's in my home country and I'm here in the UK...

What are your suggestions on this one?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,
I have a LDR with my girlfriend. We've been communicated for almost a year but only got see each other this summer only.
I had some quarrels with my girlfriend these days. She admited her guilt and I did the same.
Long story short she apologized for how irrational she was and she told me she just wanted to hear something positive from someone and disrespected me unintentionally because she didn't want to hear the truth about the situation we're in.
My fear is that what is she going to do when bigger problems start to arise?
She wants to make changes in her life but I don't know if I should believe her considering she's been avoiding my suggestion all this time. I never pushed anything on her and she knows this.
I could've been more direct with her about how I feel to be honest and I told her this.
I'm concerned about this in the long run. I don't know if I should believe her considering the fact that she's always been like this but at the time I'm her relationship so she can learn I guess, right?

If so, I'm up for this as she has plenty of qualities I desire and she's a lovely human being but it's hard for me to believe her after all of this and after all the things she told me.
I don't want to antagonize her, as I said she's lovely in general.

Also, I don't see any future moment when we would be able to meet again. She's in my home country and I'm here in the UK...

What are your suggestions on this one?
Depends on what she’s done, if you love her, a first chance is okay. But if the problem is obstructing your relationship, you can choose the other option?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
What did she do? If she didn't cheat or commit a crime then I agree, give her a chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (587)
34.11%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (711)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads