The Student Room Group

My friend steals from school 😬

So as you read ^^

Before Lockdown, on the last day of school she went into each classroom and grabbed random glue sticks, highlighters, pens, textbooks, post-it notes and loads of random revision sheets. Basically stationery. And I was confused as she was dragging me and my other friend round and getting stuff for us aswell.

Then since we just went into year 10 we got a lot of new books, stationery packs, GCSE reading books and class readers. A lot of this stuff has been going missing and my teachers are all confused as now there isn't enough but on the first few days there were. The other day when my friend asked me to get something from her bag I saw all the missing things like the reading books and eqipment.
When I confronted her she said her Grandad got them all for her...

And she lies a lot...Basically she acts just like a pathological liar. I feel like she has stole things from me aswell.

At school, I showed her my hand sanitizer and she said she liked the smell and she said she had the same one but couldn't find it in her blazer. I went to the bathroom and came back mine was gone she found hers? I was so confused because it was half empty but I am sure it was mine but nevertheless helped me look for it.

I told her I had £30 pound in my bag. A week later when school finished my 30 quid gone. Like what?? I asked her and she said her money had gone missing to and when I said along with my coins gone she said hers to. I spoke with a boy from my year group and he gave me her name and some other girl.

I am confused aff? Does anyone have any advice? I am not accusing her but idk...

Scroll to see replies

yeah she sounds like a liar and thief, she needs to be put in her place tbh.
find a better friend
Original post by deadroseex
So as you read ^^

Before Lockdown, on the last day of school she went into each classroom and grabbed random glue sticks, highlighters, pens, textbooks, post-it notes and loads of random revision sheets. Basically stationery. And I was confused as she was dragging me and my other friend round and getting stuff for us aswell.

Then since we just went into year 10 we got a lot of new books, stationery packs, GCSE reading books and class readers. A lot of this stuff has been going missing and my teachers are all confused as now there isn't enough but on the first few days there were. The other day when my friend asked me to get something from her bag I saw all the missing things like the reading books and eqipment.

And she lies a lot...Basically she acts just like a pathological liar. I feel like she has stole things from me aswell.

At school, I showed her my hand sanitizer and she said she liked the smell and she said she had the same one but couldn't find it in her blazer. I went to the bathroom and came back mine was gone she found hers? I was so confused because it was half empty but I am sure it was mine but nevertheless helped me look for it.

I told her I had £30 pound in my bag. A week later when school finished my 30 quid gone. Like what?? I asked her and she said her money had gone missing to and when I said along with my coins gone she said hers to. I spoke with a boy from my year group and he gave me her name and some other girl.

I am confused aff? Does anyone have any advice? I am not accusing her but idk...

You can set up a trap for her i.e mark it so you know its yours and see if she steals it.
Alternatively just dont trust her and consider ditching her or warn her if she gets caught stealing then she will be expelled.
Original post by 999tigger
You can set up a trap for her i.e mark it so you know its yours and see if she steals it.
Alternatively just dont trust her and consider ditching her or warn her if she gets caught stealing then she will be expelled.

^ this is a good idea

But talk to her about it and remind her that this may get her in big trouble if she continues. A lot of issues like this start out small.
Tell a teacher that she's the one stealing stuff. School equipment is really expensive to buy in sufficient numbers and the school needs the money for other stuff.

Also, stop telling/showing her your stuff. Maybe you need to talk to her about it or leave her and find some better friends who don't lie and steal from you
Reply 5
Why would you associate yourself with a thief? Seems like a great way to drag yourself into a mess of trouble.

YES! Set a trap and then come back and tell us if she fell for it. :laugh:

And then stop being "friends".
Reply 7
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
yeah she sounds like a liar and thief, she needs to be put in her place tbh.
find a better friend

I have many friends :smile:
I hang out with other people noww and she usally has detention or gets put in isolation so I barely see her.
Reply 8

I will set a trap! Thank you so much, I have an idea on what I want to do and I will tell you what happens tomorrow.
Reply 9
Original post by KelsieTaylor
^ this is a good idea

But talk to her about it and remind her that this may get her in big trouble if she continues. A lot of issues like this start out small.

Agreed! I will have a word tomorrow if she isn't in isolation at school! xo
Original post by Sabertooth
YES! Set a trap and then come back and tell us if she fell for it. :laugh:

And then stop being "friends".

I have an idea for tomorrow. I will tell you what happens!!! xo
So as you read ^^

Shaady! I would advise you to confront her and if she doesn't listen report her and stop.hangong put with her before you get in trouble too
Put super glue on something you think she'll take.
Original post by Rufus the red
Put super glue on something you think she'll take.

You De Crazy🤣
Original post by SadisticPotato15
You De Crazy🤣

Yup.

:colone:
Random Confession: when I was in primary school, I had to go to the medical room a lot during PE lesson and I would have to go through my classroom to get there and I would tip over the water pots used for art class and damage a few things in revenge for the bullying i endured. NO one suspected me
(edited 3 years ago)
So as you read ^^

Report her and encourage the school to implement a sting operation to catch her in the act with hidden cameras. Then ask the school to prosecute her so she goes to jail or at the very least gets a criminal record. People like that need to be behind bars.

Oh and tell her you are no longer her friend as she stole £30 + hand sanitiser from you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonlight rain
Random Confession: when I was in primary school, I had to go to the medical room a lot during PE lesson and I would have to go through my classroom to get there and I would tip over the water pots used for art class and damage a few things in revenge for the bullying i endured. NO one suspected me

Ah! The joys of childhood
TLDR: my 'friend' is a kleptomaniac who pinches anything not nailed down, but who knows whether she or the magical fairies living at the bottom of the garden have stolen the exact same items my 'friend' didn't possess before, but now does?
tag me when she falls for it pls or not....!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending