The Student Room Group

Uni ranking

Which website has the most reliable and accurate uni ranking? Every website has different ones?
The Times Higher Education ranking is quite good!

None of them are 100% accurate so I recommend ranking your uni choices by their course ranking!
Original post by roseflamingo
Which website has the most reliable and accurate uni ranking? Every website has different ones?

look at the criteria that goes into making the scores rather than the overall ranks themselves which tell you nothing!

personally i find The Sunday Times Good University Guide to be the most reliable: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/good-university-guide-in-full-tp6dzs7wn
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
The Times Higher Education ranking is quite good!

None of them are 100% accurate so I recommend ranking your uni choices by their course ranking!

the problem with World rankings as a way to decide Undergraduate unis is that they focus more on things like research which are irrelevant to undergrads, tbh all metrics are highly questionable
Original post by A Rolling Stone
the problem with World rankings as a way to decide Undergraduate unis is that they focus more on things like research which are irrelevant to undergrads, tbh all metrics are highly questionable

As I stated, none of them are 100% accurate. I also said it’s best to look at individual courses and how they rank at that particular uni, rather than looking at universities rankings in the world rankings.

I’m confused as to why you’ve quoted me?
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
As I stated, none of them are 100% accurate. I also said it’s best to look at individual courses and how they rank at that particular uni, rather than looking at universities rankings in the world rankings.

I’m confused as to why you’ve quoted me?

ah sorry my mistake! i completely agree
Original post by A Rolling Stone
ah sorry my mistake! i completely agree

Haha! I thought I’d given misinformation for a second! No worries, I was agreeing with what you said in your original comment :smile:
Thank you! I have it downloaded. If you don’t mind, which one do you recommend for just UK unis?
Hi;

There is a variety of websites, I however find the Times University guide the most weirdly recognised. The Guardian also has a similar scheme which slightly differs from the latter.

I would recommend you narrow your search to subject areas as universal ranking can be subjective and a bit “off-putting”. Remember different universities are better for certain subjects than others so keep this in mind.

Hope this helps,
Dr Adams
World rankings are no use for undergrads. Guardian rankings are generally a complete joke.

Quick Reply