The Student Room Group

Cambridge Contextual Offers

I’m currently a student who has just finished year 13 was awarded my Centre Assessed Grades rather than taking exams. I received a lot lower than expected with ABC overall, which meant that I unfortunately missed out on my LSE offer. I’m planning on retaking my C grade subject privately next summer and hopefully achieving an A*AB overall. I want to attend a Russel group university and just wanted to come on here and ask of what my chances would be of getting into Cambridge with A*AB for law. I also come from a low income background and not so great state school. Would it be possible for me to receive a contextual offer from Cambridge or any other Russel groups universities in London with the A*AB?
Cambridge don't give out contextual offers, but there are a number of Russell group unis that do. You'll have to check your eligibility for a contextual offer at each institution because they don't all have the same requirements to meet.
Original post by mxlxikx
I’m currently a student who has just finished year 13 was awarded my Centre Assessed Grades rather than taking exams. I received a lot lower than expected with ABC overall, which meant that I unfortunately missed out on my LSE offer. I’m planning on retaking my C grade subject privately next summer and hopefully achieving an A*AB overall. I want to attend a Russel group university and just wanted to come on here and ask of what my chances would be of getting into Cambridge with A*AB for law. I also come from a low income background and not so great state school. Would it be possible for me to receive a contextual offer from Cambridge or any other Russel groups universities in London with the A*AB?

I hate to put it this way, but if you dont have that mentality of getting A*A*A*, you probably shouldnt be thinking of going to cambridge. There are students that come from low income, and still get all A*s. I think you can easily get offers from russel group unviersities with A*AB, like manchester or bristol or birmingham etc.
Reply 3
Original post by milliejayne19
Cambridge don't give out contextual offers, but there are a number of Russell group unis that do. You'll have to check your eligibility for a contextual offer at each institution because they don't all have the same requirements to meet.

Okay thank you for your help, I’ll have a look at few of the other universities websites 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by gorilla_08
I hate to put it this way, but if you dont have that mentality of getting A*A*A*, you probably shouldnt be thinking of going to cambridge. There are students that come from low income, and still get all A*s. I think you can easily get offers from russel group unviersities with A*AB, like manchester or bristol or birmingham etc.

No, thank you I appreciate your honesty. I’ll have a look at different universities instead of using up one of my 5 choices for Cambridge, if it’s unlikely I’ll get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending