The Student Room Group

I have no flatmates

I’m a fresher and I’ve been at uni for a whole week now and I have no flatmates. Is that normal? I’m the only person I know that has no flatmates.
That is odd, they may yet to move in? If not, that’s something you could ask for a room change for perhaps?
Sounds like a covid thing to me, drop out rates are much higher than normal and people staying are reluctant to move in at the moment. They may be waiting until they have their first face-to-face contact hours to move in
I would contact the accommodation people and ask them whether others are moving in. If not you might consider asking if you can be moved to another room where there are other people around.
Original post by Ozichi
I’m a fresher and I’ve been at uni for a whole week now and I have no flatmates. Is that normal? I’m the only person I know that has no flatmates.

Hiya!

At the moment a lot of students are delaying moving in, especially as lectures are moving online and starting later than usual. I would contact your accommodation team to see if they have any way to contact who else is moving into your flat. This way they can let you know if others are moving in soon, or perhaps offer you a room in another flat where there are other tenants. At least you can find out where everyone else is and then decide with what you feel best in doing.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest