The Student Room Group

Personal statement help - Business Management/ Management

Hello

I’m unsure on how to word my personal statement. Since I’m applying for Business Management/ Management degrees, how can I word it in a better way other than “studying business management/ management” ?

Idk if that’s correct or not and I’m feeling iffy about it .-.
Sorry to sound really dumb, but what are the titles of the courses you are applying for? Are some business and some business management?
From your post I would just say business management would make sense
Reply 2
Original post by historynerd47
Sorry to sound really dumb, but what are the titles of the courses you are applying for? Are some business and some business management?

You’re definitely not dumb lol

For example, BSc Management and BA (honours) Business Management
Original post by 1Abzzy
You’re definitely not dumb lol

For example, BSc Management and BA (honours) Business Management

Okay, I have had a google round (after my first comment) and it seems to me that management is just like a shortening of business management? So I would specify business management at the beginning, and then when you refer to it again in the same paragraph just say management. At the start of each paragraph specify business management and then drop down.
This grammatically is the same as how you have to say the name of the person you are writing about in the paragraph before you start saying 'he' (for example).
Because it seems to me that management is just business management right? What else could you be managing?

Spoiler

Reply 4
Okay, I have had a google round (after my first comment) and it seems to me that management is just like a shortening of business management? So I would specify business management at the beginning, and then when you refer to it again in the same paragraph just say management. At the start of each paragraph specify business management and then drop down.
This grammatically is the same as how you have to say the name of the person you are writing about in the paragraph before you start saying 'he' (for example).
Because it seems to me that management is just business management right? What else could you be managing?

Spoiler

Yh that’s what it is based on what I’ve researched and management apparently includes more management of the non-business kind. Also on open day, I asked for business and they just took me to the Management department (I was clueless back then) and said they’re overwhelmingly the same.

On my personal statement I did specify some parts about management specifically but I’m just stuck on the beginning, about the naming the actual course name that I’ll be studying.

Not dumb at all, you cna do better than that. :smile:
Original post by 1Abzzy
Yh that’s what it is based on what I’ve researched and management apparently includes more management of the non-business kind. Also on open day, I asked for business and they just took me to the Management department (I was clueless back then) and said they’re overwhelmingly the same.

On my personal statement I did specify some parts about management specifically but I’m just stuck on the beginning, about the naming the actual course name that I’ll be studying.

Okay, so options:
If you're applying to all business management or just management, then stick to either one. Or for a mixture, maybe just stick to management so you're not ruling either one out (being suited to either degree?)
Reply 7
Okay, so options:
If you're applying to all business management or just management, then stick to either one. Or for a mixture, maybe just stick to management so you're not ruling either one out (being suited to either degree?)

The thing is my options are very limited so because of that I’m in need to apply for both Business Management and Management so it’ll be a mixture.
I’ll consider that.

Thank you for replying! :smile:
Original post by 1Abzzy
The thing is my options are very limited so because of that I’m in need to apply for both Business Management and Management so it’ll be a mixture.
I’ll consider that.

Thank you for replying! :smile:

No worries! Good luck with your application, as long as the content of your personal statement is all relevant you'll be absolutely fine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending