The Student Room Group

HSBC Job Simulation 2021

Does anyone know what these are like/entail?

Any help is appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

You are given real/similar work of what the service line you applied to will entail. Like replying to emails, doing some numerical email responses and video responding to questions or scenarios.

Normally, there are no time limits. But make sure your answers are accurate; I'd recommend you complete it in 1 sitting.
VI: You are given information to analyse for up to 3-5 mins and after, you'll be required to give your video response.

You should revise on percentages like compound interest, percentage increase/decrease etc. As percentage questions are in every job simulation and numerical test.
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
You are given real/similar work of what the service line you applied to will entail. Like replying to emails, doing some numerical email responses and video responding to questions or scenarios.

Normally, there are no time limits. But make sure your answers are accurate; I'd recommend you complete it in 1 sitting.
VI: You are given information to analyse for up to 3-5 mins and after, you'll be required to give your video response.

You should revise on percentages like compound interest, percentage increase/decrease etc. As percentage questions are in every job simulation and numerical test.

Many thanks for such an informative response. Have you applied this year?
No Problem; When does HSBC applications open?

Their website is quite confusing.
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
No Problem; When does HSBC applications open?

Their website is quite confusing.

Think they’re open now. Worth scanning through anyway.
Original post by Thanksinadvance1
Does anyone know what these are like/entail?

Any help is appreciated.

Hey,

Have you taken your JS yet? Mine is due for Friday, I'm just trying to get a sense of what to expect.
Are you lot Graduates??

I looked on the HSBC careers site; can't find any available positions.
Reply 7
I completed the Job simulation 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting on a response. I don't think I failed it as when I failed the EY job simulation I knew straight away. You are given data on various business cases and are asked to answer a mix of numerical questions based on them and questions relating to your ability to work in a team. You will be asked about how you will handle various situations and some responses will be given in a video interview format for which you will have around 2 minutes to prepare a response. It's pretty much the same as any other job simulation that the big 4/banks/investment firms will give you.
Reply 8
im planning on completing my job sim in the next couple days, do you by any chance know the questions for the video part?
Reply 9
I can't remember the specific questions because it was so long ago. It was just general questions about how you would approach a situation that had been presented to you. They aren't too difficult to answer.
Reply 10
Original post by Kangster
I can't remember the specific questions because it was so long ago. It was just general questions about how you would approach a situation that had been presented to you. They aren't too difficult to answer.

fair play, did the ask the 'why us/you/this position'? or where the video questions solely on information to do with the simulation?
just questions about the situations they give
Reply 12
Original post by Kangster
just questions about the situations they give

do they ask any competency questions? is it just your response to the situation they present or do you need to draw on past experiences?
and do you happen to remmeber any of the situations they presented? sorry i'm really bad at speaking in video interviews and just trying to prepare as much as i can
Reply 13
Original post by abcd22
do they ask any competency questions? is it just your response to the situation they present or do you need to draw on past experiences?
and do you happen to remmeber any of the situations they presented? sorry i'm really bad at speaking in video interviews and just trying to prepare as much as i can

its not like that, they'll ask you to questions based on information and you have to talk through ur answer. its not as daunting as it seems
Did you recieve a response?
Has anyone recieved a response from hsbc after the job sim
I think they could be benchmarking for job simulation for hsbc
Reply 17
I completed the job simulation on Thursday and haven't heard anything yet either

Original post by Yhyhyh123
Has anyone recieved a response from hsbc after the job sim
They will get back to you in 3 weeks or a month. Since HSBC has cut a lot of staff and they are also calculating the benchmark for this year.
Reply 19
Is this correct? Can anyone else confirm that there are no numerical questions on the Graduate Job Simulation for the 2021 applications? I would like to know what I should focus more on as I have my test in the next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending