The Student Room Group

The Single Zone

Hi,
If you are aspiring to be taken or anything, you have a crush, or you have never been with anyone before, and would like to, this is the zone for you!
Spill some tea, tell us all about your worries.

I will start:
I had a long-distance relationship for the shortest period of time ever. This didn't work and probably won't happen again, regret it. Since then, I am a single and want to get on with someone
What about you?
Welcome to the club!

Scroll to see replies

I was talking to a guy for a year who aired me for hoursss everyday and I still continued to talk to him like the dumb person I am. I don’t talk to him anymore he kept giving me weird signals.
Hey, guys!! Never had a bf or anything and I like this guy but it's kinda toxic so yeah.
Reply 3
Hey, just popping in to say being stuck in a studio flat all by myself is kind of lonesome and I would appreciate any musicians or artistic types to open communications with me! I'm new to my area so it's really a bit dead around me, and I don't want to go out in fear of allowing myself to become infected and put my family at risk.
Have had a crush on this one girl for over a year. Slowly but surely getting over her but it's hard since she's literally the best person I've ever met :frown: (probably my irrational crush dosed brain talking lol). How do y'all just get over crushes?
been single all my life :u:
21, M, so far - kissless and huggless.
I'm physically disabled and worried it puts people off - I'm 17 but have been rejected 4 times in a row and I'm worried it'll restrict me for the rest of my life
(edited 3 years ago)
Its not nice been single and been on your own we all need some kind of love and hugs and cuddles and kisses and some loving attention
lmao im an 18 yr old girl and ive never had a proper crush on a guy, but i want a bf, but i have high asf standards (which is ironic since i often think im not good enough for anyone). ive had two or three guys fancy me before, but nothing serious and they weren't my type at all. i sometimes worry there's something seriously wrong with me since i havent even had my first kiss or experienced being romantic with anyone whatsoever but then i remember that it's normal? especially since i never initiate stuff like this
Original post by Kierious
Hey, just popping in to say being stuck in a studio flat all by myself is kind of lonesome and I would appreciate any musicians or artistic types to open communications with me! I'm new to my area so it's really a bit dead around me, and I don't want to go out in fear of allowing myself to become infected and put my family at risk.

where? like what country haha
Original post by Anonymous
lmao im an 18 yr old girl and ive never had a proper crush on a guy, but i want a bf, but i have high asf standards (which is ironic since i often think im not good enough for anyone). ive had two or three guys fancy me before, but nothing serious and they weren't my type at all. i sometimes worry there's something seriously wrong with me since i havent even had my first kiss or experienced being romantic with anyone whatsoever but then i remember that it's normal? especially since i never initiate stuff like this

Then maybe - have more realstic standards... look for qualities and things you enjoy and see if you can find that in a person you like.
where? like what country haha

England, mate haha
Have had a crush on this one girl for over a year. Slowly but surely getting over her but it's hard since she's literally the best person I've ever met :frown: (probably my irrational crush dosed brain talking lol). How do y'all just get over crushes?

Why not just ask her out?
Glad there's a space for us :u:
Original post by Just_Another_One
Then maybe - have more realstic standards... look for qualities and things you enjoy and see if you can find that in a person you like.

yeah recently ive matured a lot esp since i turned 18 ive been more realistic but even then im so worried cause im so insecure
Original post by onedance1
yeah recently ive matured a lot esp since i turned 18 ive been more realistic but even then im so worried cause im so insecure

Same I suppouse - the insecurity thing. I said when I was younger, "when I turn 18, I'll just join a dating site". Still hasn't happened. Eventually, I will be able to push myself...
This thread should have been called ‘The Singles Room’... :awesome:
I would like a relationship one day, falling in love is something I want to experience. I’m not in one because for 20 years I was not allowed to talk to boys or to date anyone. But now I’m free to do whatever I want, I’m still not ready. I have so many issues that I need to work on. I need to be able to heal before I put myself out there. It’s not fair on my future partner. I have a lot to fix so maybe in 2 years when I’m 22 or 24, I’ll be ready.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by josie71202
I'm physically disabled and worried it puts people off - I'm 17 but have been rejected 4 times in a row and I'm worried it'll restrict me for the rest of my life

Think of it this way, its their lose. Your the prize.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending