The Student Room Group

is it unreasonable to not want to share your grade?

like is it unreasonable to not tell people what grade you got eg for a-levels or gcse
Depends who you're not telling
No it's your choice, after all it does reflect your memory / effort for the past 2 years which is easily comparable and weaponised.
in my opinion it is definetly not unreasonable
Original post by anonymoustony
like is it unreasonable to not tell people what grade you got eg for a-levels or gcse

Personal choice, but you should nexct anyone to share their grades with you.
Original post by Theloniouss
Depends who you're not telling

extended family member who I'm not close to

No-one has a right to know your results ... just say you got what you needed thank you :smile:
extended family member who I'm not close to

It's up to you I guess. They're your grades, tell who you want
Not unreasonable.
Particularly not when it involves adult individuals who have a tendency to envy or a history of spreading gossip or being malicious.
Reply 9
it’s not unreasonable to not share any part of you that you don’t want to share; there is no right to information in this instance. personally almost never share my grades with anyone because it’s just a comparison game and like another person’s grade has no affect on me. it can’t change my grade and can’t pay my bills, know what i’m sayin?

Not unreasonable at all.

If ur not comfortable with them telling them then you dont have to.

There was this one lad in my sixth form who always said to me and my mates that he got a 7 in maths and one day i see him pull out a gcse foundation tier paper from his bag (i knew he was resitting but never said anything cuz I did not want to make him uncomfortable).
He flopped his november 2019 retake and even when he got CAGs for maths he was still predicted a 3. He finally came out about it and how he flopped in gcse but yeah

Quick Reply

Latest