The Student Room Group

Feel embarrassed about having mental health

I’m too scared to mention to my family that I might have it or my tutor I’m too scared to ask for a mentor to speak to. When I had college induction the college mentor said if I’m down about anything ask my tutor if I can get a chat with her but I’m too scared to. I think I am because KSI my favourite YouTuber was using depression as a roast and since then I feel like other people will do that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Everyone has mental health, the same as everyone has physical health. For some people it's good, for others its bad.

No one worth your energy will say damaging things to you and if they do, I hope they'd reevaluate and apologise.
Reply 2
Original post by Pathway
Everyone has mental health, the same as everyone has physical health. For some people it's good, for others its bad.

No one worth your energy will say damaging things to you and if they do, I hope they'd reevaluate and apologise.

I know but I mean, depression and anxiety etc. Ksi did apologise but I still feel it’s stigmamitised
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know but I mean, depression and anxiety etc. Ksi did apologise but I still feel it’s stigmamitised

There will likely always be some level of stigma, don't let that dissuade you from getting help if you feel you could benefit from it.

Where did he use it as a roast? I Wannasee
Reply 5
Original post by Moonlight rain
Where did he use it as a roast? I Wannasee

He used it to mock joe weller

Where ?

Its a roast, anything goes, and Weller handled it well.
Dont be scared talk with your tutor if you dont want to do it l am asking you to do it for me then you can let us on TSR know how things went
Reply 9
I know, I don’t think he’s really saying anything wrong, he’s just saying you need drugs to keep you sane because it’s true.
Original post by Scottishlad888
Dont be scared talk with your tutor if you dont want to do it l am asking you to do it for me then you can let us on TSR know how things went

No offence but it’s got nothing to with you
I know, I don’t think he’s really saying anything wrong, he’s just saying you need drugs to keep you sane because it’s true.

I just watched that. He is absolutely disgusting. He even made a joke about self harm.
It’s good to talk to someone about how to find solutions to a problem you face. It doesn’t matter if it’s mental health or not, everybody has a down moment and there’s always someone who can pick you up.

Sometimes it will be yourself but other times it will be someone who has good intentions to want to help you get better.

Believe that good things happen.

Best wishes
Reply 13
I’m too scared to mention to my family that I might have it or my tutor I’m too scared to ask for a mentor to speak to. When I had college induction the college mentor said if I’m down about anything ask my tutor if I can get a chat with her but I’m too scared to. I think I am because KSI my favourite YouTuber was using depression as a roast and since then I feel like other people will do that.

lol who cares what some nobody wannabe influencer thinks? talks to a counselor then, not your teacher.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
It’s good to talk to someone about how to find solutions to a problem you face. It doesn’t matter if it’s mental health or not, everybody has a down moment and there’s always someone who can pick you up.

Sometimes it will be yourself but other times it will be someone who has good intentions to want to help you get better.

Believe that good things happen.

Best wishes

I find it hard to talk though
Original post by Ciel.
lol who cares what some nobody wannabe influencer thinks? talks to a counselor then, not your teacher.

I’m to embarrassed to
as far as i’m aware KSI is pretty problematic so i mean.... maybe watch other people lol. and most people aren’t douchebags so nobody will “roast” you.
Reply 17
your tutor isn’t going to roast you. if they do they should lose their job.

but i understand not wanting to talk about it and feeling embarrassed. i think everyone with mh issues struggles with that. the best people to talk to tho are professionals cuz they expect that conversation and are trained to deal with it. just reach out to them. practically speaking what do you have to lose?
Reply 18
I’m to embarrassed to

don't be. they deal with that sort of stuff every day. at least chat to someone online
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
it's anonymous
Original post by Ciel.
don't be. they deal with that sort of stuff every day. at least chat to someone online
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
it's anonymous

I’m over 18

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending