The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

dental hygiene and dental therapy

Hi I’m applying for 2021 entry for the dental hygiene and therapy course at Sheffield ... I’ve had a lot of mmi interviews at other universities but I know Sheffield don’t do MMIS and do a short 15 minute interview instead.. has anyone got any pointers on what it’s like and how it’s structured ?!
Hi Anonymous #1,

Attending interviews can be a really nerve-wracking process, but it sounds like you've been doing lots of hard work to prepare! For information on interviews at Sheffield, check out the 'Apply Now' section on the course page - you'll probably find the 'Step 2 - attend our selection day' particularly useful. Our interview is part of a longer selection day, which includes an interpersonal skills task in a group setting. You'll also be able to find out more about the course, speak to current students and tour the school's facilities.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
-Ben :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m applying for 2021 entry for the dental hygiene and therapy course at Sheffield ... I’ve had a lot of mmi interviews at other universities but I know Sheffield don’t do MMIS and do a short 15 minute interview instead.. has anyone got any pointers on what it’s like and how it’s structured ?!

Hey, I was planning to apply for this course as well.I haven't had any interviews yet. what did you get asked to do in the MMIS? and what other universities are you applying to?
Reply 3
Original post by gracemanj800
Hey, I was planning to apply for this course as well.I haven't had any interviews yet. what did you get asked to do in the MMIS? and what other universities are you applying to?

The deadline for Sheffield was 31st october! Have you applied? Last year I applied to leeds, Manchester, Newcastle for dentistry. This year I’m just applying at unis which do hygiene and therapy- Birmingham, leeds, Cardiff.... The mmis consist of different tasks that you have to complete like roleplays, analysing graphical data, ethical questions, motivation for dentistry etc. Unfortunately because of covid I didn’t get my grades that I needed so I’m reapplying this year .
Reply 4
Original post by mara.a
The deadline for Sheffield was 31st october! Have you applied? Last year I applied to leeds, Manchester, Newcastle for dentistry. This year I’m just applying at unis which do hygiene and therapy- Birmingham, leeds, Cardiff.... The mmis consist of different tasks that you have to complete like roleplays, analysing graphical data, ethical questions, motivation for dentistry etc. Unfortunately because of covid I didn’t get my grades that I needed so I’m reapplying this year .

i have applied to portsmouth, bristol, plymouth and leeds. how did you prepare for the MMIs? I'm soo nervous.
Reply 5
Original post by gracemanj800
i have applied to portsmouth, bristol, plymouth and leeds. how did you prepare for the MMIs? I'm soo nervous.

So I used the medic portal to help me find questions. Have a read on how MMis actually work then research into every section properly... it helped me to get a sheet of paper for every section and then write the type of questions that would come in those sections. type mmi interviews into YouTube and you’ll find loads of videos, so watch as many as you can and generate answers to as many questions as you can... look at ethical scenarios( I found loads of examples on the medic portal) and write down answers.make sure you’re up to date with what issues are controversial in dentistry at the moment and know a few basics on dentistry. Get your analysis of graph and data skills up to scratch too as they ask you to interpret graphs in most MMIS. I had 4 MMI’s and I got offers from all 4 of those last year. If you need any further help then you can drop me a text on Instagram @___ammarah
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So I used the medic portal to help me find questions. Have a read on how MMis actually work then research into every section properly... it helped me to get a sheet of paper for every section and then write the type of questions that would come in those sections. type mmi interviews into YouTube and you’ll find loads of videos, so watch as many as you can and generate answers to as many questions as you can... look at ethical scenarios( I found loads of examples on the medic portal) and write down answers.make sure you’re up to date with what issues are controversial in dentistry at the moment and know a few basics on dentistry. Get your analysis of graph and data skills up to scratch too as they ask you to interpret graphs in most MMIS. I had 4 MMI’s and I got offers from all 4 of those last year. If you need any further help then you can drop me a text on Instagram @___ammarah

aww, you're soo kind. i've sent you a request on IG. my ID is @grace.__m . thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending