The Student Room Group

Opening up

I have wanted to be able to drive for my whole life but it just really hurt again when my driving instructor told me that I basically implied that I might not get my driving licence and that really did put me down for days. I was constantly having bad driving which was demotivating me but to be told that I won’t achieve what I wanted for so long did **** me up. Having bad driving lessons alone was putting me down because driving is something I have always wanted to do my whole life and all the time I was worried about not being able to drive and then that instructor saying it did ruin me. I was down at night, I couldn’t eat at some points and I couldn’t sleep. I think not being able to drive would make my life a whole lot harder because it would demotivate me long term when everyone around you can do it but you can’t and it’s just so much harder to do your daily duties like going to work or shopping or when you have kids.

I hate saying it but I did have a few thoughts of maybe life wasn’t worth it anymore the few days after the instructor said that I might not make it. It sounds so ****ing stupid but driving meant everything to me, I have been into cars and had the passion for them for as long as I can remember so having that said to me ****ed me up big time. I was going to give up college just to focus on this driving thing because I’m my mind I thought I will pass my driving test then I’ll get a job with my licence.
Original post by Anonymous
I have wanted to be able to drive for my whole life but it just really hurt again when my driving instructor told me that I basically implied that I might not get my driving licence and that really did put me down for days. I was constantly having bad driving which was demotivating me but to be told that I won’t achieve what I wanted for so long did **** me up. Having bad driving lessons alone was putting me down because driving is something I have always wanted to do my whole life and all the time I was worried about not being able to drive and then that instructor saying it did ruin me. I was down at night, I couldn’t eat at some points and I couldn’t sleep. I think not being able to drive would make my life a whole lot harder because it would demotivate me long term when everyone around you can do it but you can’t and it’s just so much harder to do your daily duties like going to work or shopping or when you have kids.

I hate saying it but I did have a few thoughts of maybe life wasn’t worth it anymore the few days after the instructor said that I might not make it. It sounds so ****ing stupid but driving meant everything to me, I have been into cars and had the passion for them for as long as I can remember so having that said to me ****ed me up big time. I was going to give up college just to focus on this driving thing because I’m my mind I thought I will pass my driving test then I’ll get a job with my licence.

I had the same issues with learning to drive, tried on two different occasions a few years apart. I could do the basic stuff fine but struggled with reversing around corners and that type of thing so wasn’t able to do the test. :frown:

How much of an issue it is depends on where you live I guess? Im about 4 miles from the city centre and right on a major bus route anyway so driving would've been fun but I can get around quickly and conveniently without it
Reply 2
Original post by IanDangerously
I had the same issues with learning to drive, tried on two different occasions a few years apart. I could do the basic stuff fine but struggled with reversing around corners and that type of thing so wasn’t able to do the test. :frown:

How much of an issue it is depends on where you live I guess? Im about 4 miles from the city centre and right on a major bus route anyway so driving would've been fun but I can get around quickly and conveniently without it

Did you have to give up? I think it’s an issue for me for a lot of reasons
Original post by Anonymous
Did you have to give up? I think it’s an issue for me for a lot of reasons

I didn’t have to give up I suppose, I just realised it would cost a ridiculous amount of money on lessons to keep going because it would’ve taken a long time for me to be able to pass the test. The cost isn’t justified for me when I can travel so easily on public transport.
Reply 4
If you got that depressed because your instructor told you off, to the point where you wanted to "end it", you have other issues that needs working on buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending