The Student Room Group

A level Subjects for Dentistry

So I'm certain of taking Biology and Chemistry as my first two subjects in a levels for dentistry, but I need a third one to go alongside the two. Would it be difficult to take physics with them? Or Psychology? I'm not sure which one to take. If anyone has any other suggestions for which subjects to take, please let me know.
Which subject did you enjoy the most at GCSE?
Take the subject you enjoy the most and think you’ll do better at. Dental schools don’t have a preference for the third subject as long as it’s not General Studies and Critical Thinking.
Reply 3
Original post by Tracheostenosis

well i enjoy physics a lot but my mum says that taking three sciences would be difficult. it would be easier to get a grade in a light subject, right?
Reply 4
Original post by Tracheostenosis

well i enjoy physics a lot but my mum says that taking three sciences would be difficult. it would be easier to get a grade in a light subject, right?

Original post by Mesopotamian.
Take the subject you enjoy the most and think you’ll do better at. Dental schools don’t have a preference for the third subject as long as it’s not General Studies and Critical Thinking.

Then again, i enjoy physics but it would be difficult taking three sciences. if you think it isn't that tough let me know, i would probably take physics as the third
You could do an easy A-level like Sociology, etc..
and get an A, it’ll still be the same as someone who did maths at A-level.
But me personally, I did Maths at A-level because I really enjoyed it at GCSE, so it’s up to you
Does your school allow you to swap A Level subjects within the first few weeks of starting year 12? If so, you could take physics and if you find it too hard, you can swap it for something else.
It's hard to tell whether you "should" take it, because physics difficulty is subjective - some people find it hard whilst others love it.

Quick Reply

Latest