The Student Room Group

Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Today we popped into Tesco to pick up a few things. I was so excited to go along with TLG, to practice the British art of queuing :gah: but when we got there, there was no queue for us to join :sad:

Hope everyone is keeping well and not up studying late! :grouphugs:

PtTP

Thanks for the update Persephone!
Apparently "American queuing" (which we never call it queuing just "getting in line") is different somehow from British queuing?:woo: I don't know how there could be a difference, maybe Americans are just more rude :eyeball:
Original post by nmah
Thanks for the update Persephone!
Apparently "American queuing" (which we never call it queuing just "getting in line") is different somehow from British queuing?:woo: I don't know how there could be a difference, maybe Americans are just more rude :eyeball:

I imagine Americans might be more friendly and assertive? British queuing seems to involve shuffling about apologetically, while painstakingly asking everyone in the surrounding area if they are in the queue, before joining said queue :dontknow:

Hope you are asleep by now! TLG has insomnia again :emo: so we're still up. Just having some bread and butter pudding! This is apparently another Very British Thing I must learn about, in order to become a British penguin :yep: I quite like it :h:

PtTP
Reply 62
Hello everyone :wavey:

Just a quick one to apologise for the lack of updates today. TLG is still Quite Poorly, so we're having to make sure she rests loads. She's been eating this very funny-coloured paste thing. She says it's delicious but I'm suspicious tbh :ninja: It looks weird. TLG said it's called houmous :dontknow:

Today we popped into Tesco to pick up a few things. I was so excited to go along with TLG, to practice the British art of queuing :gah: but when we got there, there was no queue for us to join :sad:

PtTP

Hummus is tasty, did you get to try any?
I hope you both get some sleep soon and that TLG starts feeling better :penguinhug:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Hummus is tasty, did you get to try any?
I hope you both get some sleep soon and that TLG starts feeling better :penguinhug:

TLG did offer to share but I declined because I didn't quite understand what it was or if it would taste nice :redface: Do you think I should try some if she has some again? :ninja:

Hope you manage to get some sleep too, Fox! :h:

PtTP
Reply 64
TLG did offer to share but I declined because I didn't quite understand what it was or if it would taste nice :redface: Do you think I should try some if she has some again? :ninja:

PtTP

It doesnt look very nice, sure, but if you can put that aside it makes for a nice snack. Definitely. Try anything once, twice if you like it :tongue:
Speaking of sleep I should probably go do that :colondollar:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
It doesnt look very nice, sure, but if you can put that aside it makes for a nice snack. Definitely. Try anything once, twice if you like it :tongue:
Speaking of sleep I should probably go do that :colondollar:

Sleep is very good for the soul - you should def go do that! :yep:

Night night :hugs:

PtTP
Reply 66
I imagine Americans might be more friendly and assertive? British queuing seems to involve shuffling about apologetically, while painstakingly asking everyone in the surrounding area if they are in the queue, before joining said queue :dontknow:

Hope you are asleep by now! TLG has insomnia again :emo: so we're still up. Just having some bread and butter pudding! This is apparently another Very British Thing I must learn about, in order to become a British penguin :yep: I quite like it :h:

PtTP

Interesting, Americans usually just ask one person if its not obvious, everyone else just gets in line and stands quietly lol.

Bread pudding is absolutely delicious, yum!! Luckily I did get some sleep:boring:, hopefully TLG can get some tonight
Persephone - if you want to practice queueing for ages you can try getting a covid test. :tongue:

PtTP

Hummus is not very British so I'd avoid it personally :smile:

Sorry to hear TLG is not sleeping very well ... perhaps you need to learn some lullabies?

Sending hugs to you all :grouphugs:
Hello everyone :wavey:

Just a quick one to apologise for the lack of updates today. TLG is still Quite Poorly, so we're having to make sure she rests loads. She's been eating this very funny-coloured paste thing. She says it's delicious but I'm suspicious tbh :ninja: It looks weird. TLG said it's called houmous :dontknow:

PtTP

There is nothing more British than queuing, Persephone!
PRSOM
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
Persephone - if you want to practice queueing for ages you can try getting a covid test. :tongue:

Lol
Original post by nmah
Interesting, Americans usually just ask one person if its not obvious, everyone else just gets in line and stands quietly lol.

Bread pudding is absolutely delicious, yum!! Luckily I did get some sleep:boring:, hopefully TLG can get some tonight

I'm glad you got some sleep, nmah! TLG did get A Lot Of Sleep last night - she was asleep before 8.30pm :eek:

Hope you have a good day :hugs:

PtTP

This proper cracked me up :biggrin:

TLG
Original post by Muttley79
Hummus is not very British so I'd avoid it personally :smile:

Sorry to hear TLG is not sleeping very well ... perhaps you need to learn some lullabies?

Sending hugs to you all :grouphugs:

TLG had a different type of hummus today so I had a little try of it. It was alright actually :awesome:

Learning lullabies is a Very Good Idea! Thank you, Muttley :h:

PtTP

Thank you :penguinhug:

PtTP
Original post by Oxford Mum
There is nothing more British than queuing, Persephone!

This appears to be Very True, Ox Mum! At present, I can't think of anything more British :nah:

:hugs: PtTP
On the topic of covid my school year has been told to self isolate for 7 days. :emo:
On the topic of covid my school year has been told to self isolate for 7 days. :emo:

Oh no :eek2: Is there an outbreak in your school? Loads of hugs for you :frown:

PtTP :console: :hugs: :console:
Hi everyone :hi:

Calliope the Narwhal here! :h: Persephone is busy looking after poor TLG, who is Very Exhausted, so she asked me to apologise for the silence from her :yes:

Today is 1st October! October is a Very Important Month in TLG's household. Any guesses as to why? :ninja: :iiam: :holmes:

Hope you are all doing OK :h:

CtN
Thank you Calliope - I'm sorry to hear that TLG is still very tired - we will continue to pray for her.

Does TLG have a special day in October ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 77
Is TLG's birthday in October??
Original post by Muttley79
Thank you Calliope - I'm sorry to hear that TLG is still very tired - we will continue to pray for her.

Does TLG have a special day in October ?

Original post by nmah
Is TLG's birthday in October??

Yes, it's gonna be TLG's bday towards the end of the month :nutcase:

TLG doesn't actually like her birthday, but Persephone and Pals thought it's important to mention that her birthday is coming up, in the thread! We're hoping we might get to have a little therapy animal indoor picnic with her :h:

CtN
Yes, it's gonna be TLG's bday towards the end of the month :nutcase:

TLG doesn't actually like her birthday, but Persephone and Pals thought it's important to mention that her birthday is coming up, in the thread! We're hoping we might get to have a little therapy animal indoor picnic with her :h:

CtN

It's a good excuse for a party :rave:

:party2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending