The Student Room Group

Btec

Hello I’m really scared that I won’t get into uni to do my study midwifery Due to the fact I failed gcse science im currently in my first year of college studying btec health and social care level 3 and my question is if I get DDD as my results and the correct amount of points do you reckon they’ll still accept me for that course
Please answer
(edited 3 years ago)
depends on the university requirements, email them if you are unsure
Reply 2
Original post by Libbyc16
depends on the university requirements, email them if you are unsure

The university I want to go to you need 5 GCSEs including Maths English and science but unfortunately I haven’t got science but thank you I will email them
Original post by _llura123_
Hello I’m really scared that I won’t get into uni to do my study midwifery Due to the fact I failed gcse science im currently in my first year of college studying btec health and social care level 3 and my question is if I get DDD as my results and the correct amount of points do you reckon they’ll still accept me for that course
Please answer

Please answer

You should be fine if you had atleast 4 GCSE at a grade 4. Nursing is a bit flexible compared to other health careers (which will require science in both gcse/btec/alevel) but doing Health and soc care will help ur chances of doing nursing.
Reply 4
Original post by Tenacity Deshad
You should be fine if you had atleast 4 GCSE at a grade 4. Nursing is a bit flexible compared to other health careers (which will require science in both gcse/btec/alevel) but doing Health and soc care will help ur chances of doing nursing.

I have 5 GCSEs including maths and English , so by doing health and social since it is mixed with science should this help me ? Or do you think the university’s will look mainly at my GCSEs
I have 5 GCSEs including maths and English , so by doing health and social since it is mixed with science should this help me ? Or do you think the university’s will look mainly at my GCSEs

No they look at both,my friend got online 3 GCSE but failed her maths and sciences and did BTEC and still got into nursing this year. The key is u have to look for university that would accept your results.
Reply 6
No they look at both,my friend got online 3 GCSE but failed her maths and sciences and did BTEC and still got into nursing this year. The key is u have to look for university that would accept your results.

Oh that’s great news would u mind letting me know what uni so I have an idea

University of Lancashire and University of Portsmouth only look at your GCSE Maths and English which must be a 4 or above which u have plus your Btec. My friend went to Portsmouth

That was for Adult Nursing requirement but there are lots more online u can look up which will consider ur GCSE result
Reply 9
University of Lancashire and University of Portsmouth only look at your GCSE Maths and English which must be a 4 or above which u have plus your Btec. My friend went to Portsmouth

Thank you so much I really appreciate it
The university I want to go to you need 5 GCSEs including Maths English and science but unfortunately I haven’t got science but thank you I will email them

Good luck with whatever you decide, you’ll do great :smile:
Please answer

Hi!

If you're getting the required points then you should be able to get in, as you've met their requirements. However, I would still contact the universities that you want to apply for and double check. Also, if you contact them they might also be able to offer you some advice about how to boost your application.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

If you're getting the required points then you should be able to get in, as you've met their requirements. However, I would still contact the universities that you want to apply for and double check. Also, if you contact them they might also be able to offer you some advice about how to boost your application.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Thank you so much I really appreciate it I will definitely be doing this thank you again
Reply 13
That was for Adult Nursing requirement but there are lots more online u can look up which will consider ur GCSE result

Okay thank you so much
Reply 14
There seem to be a lot of replies regarding nursing but you mention midwifery in your original post, so to give you a perspective on Midwifery it tends to be a more competitive course than some fields of Nursing and entry requirements tend to be more strict (for Nursing, its often just a requirement to have GCSE Maths & English, however most universities for Midwifery will want a Science qualification at GCSE as well.) Although universities will often be accommodating in terms of alternative entry requirements (eg. some universities will accept Functional Skills instead of GCSE), it's unlikely that they will waiver an entire entry requirement especially in a course as competitive as Midwifery.
It helps to contact the uni directly to discuss your situation, and also to speak with your college as well as they may be able to offer you a resit of your GCSE if necessary.
Reply 15
Original post by moosec
There seem to be a lot of replies regarding nursing but you mention midwifery in your original post, so to give you a perspective on Midwifery it tends to be a more competitive course than some fields of Nursing and entry requirements tend to be more strict (for Nursing, its often just a requirement to have GCSE Maths & English, however most universities for Midwifery will want a Science qualification at GCSE as well.) Although universities will often be accommodating in terms of alternative entry requirements (eg. some universities will accept Functional Skills instead of GCSE), it's unlikely that they will waiver an entire entry requirement especially in a course as competitive as Midwifery.
It helps to contact the uni directly to discuss your situation, and also to speak with your college as well as they may be able to offer you a resit of your GCSE if necessary.

Thank you so much for this I’m going to discuss this with my btec teacher tomorrow
i think I’ll just try and resist my science gcse thank you again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending