The Student Room Group

Would you consider a 32yr old single man with a Net worth of £450,000 rich ?

Would you consider a 32-year-old single man living in Leeds, UK with a net worth of £450,000 , fairly rich ?

no liabilities, annual income of around £45,000 after tax

Scroll to see replies

silly question, 450k in cash? 450k in items? annual expenses? annual savings? theres 100000 more factors you haven't told us
Reply 2
Wouldn't care about his worth, but I'd consider him a shallow arse for asking in the first place...
It still baffles me that people see a forum aimed at students and think it's the most suitable place to ask these sorts of questions
Reply 4
Original post by Rameshrajie
Would you consider a 32-year-old single man living in Leeds, UK with a net worth of £450,000 , fairly rich ?

nope.
Original post by Gent2324
silly question, 450k in cash? 450k in items? annual expenses? annual savings? theres 100000 more factors you haven't told us

450,000 including cash, savings and property
Actually I should add another 15,000 for my car

Expenses are,

rent for the apartment which I`ll be staying, and my other basic needs such as food, utility bills etc.
I am bit of a party animal but still save about half of what I earn
Original post by Drewski
Wouldn't care about his worth, but I'd consider him a shallow arse for asking in the first place...

Well I am an Engineer who is planing to move to Leeds, UK soon and I just wanted to know how my financial situation will be considered there.

I am from a developing country so don`t have much idea about the average net worth, income in UK
Reply 7
I just wanted to know how my financial situation will be considered there.

People are much more bothered about what you're like as a person.
Talking about salary, money, worth, etc, is considered rude in the UK.
Reply 8

No. Many living in the South East who bought 10 years ago will have similar networths by now thanks to house price increases.
Original post by Drewski
People are much more bothered about what you're like as a person.
Talking about salary, money, worth, etc, is considered rude in the UK.

Well I believe its same anywhere..Also thats why I asked this on internet rather than asking it from random people I meet on the streets !!
Reply 10
Cringe
Also thats why I asked this on internet rather than asking it from random people I meet on the streets !!

And somehow that led you to thinking "thestudentroom sounds like a great place to ask this"?

I feel like if you really wanted to know how your financial situation would look, you'd have gone with an "I'm an engineer, on X salary, planning to move to Leeds, what will my financial situation look like?". Not "here's my net worth, am I rich?"
Original post by AcseI
And somehow that led you to thinking "thestudentroom sounds like a great place to ask this"?

I feel like if you really wanted to know how your financial situation would look, you'd have gone with an "I'm an engineer, on X salary, planning to move to Leeds, what will my financial situation look like?". Not "here's my net worth, am I rich?"

Thanks for the suggestion , may be it was my bad ! anyway i d rather stick to topic
why are you asking this on a student forum
Reply 14
I just looked up the salary of an engineer in Sri Lanka...
And considering you could not afford a phone bill in 2014, you never saved that up in that time.
You're practically anonymous here and your past posts show you're lying. I don't understand what the point of this is.
(edited 3 years ago)
Outside of 'rich lists' published in newspapers, no one in the UK calculate their net worth, literally no one.

Outside of London, the cost of living anywhere in the UK is broadly similar. The only real difference is propety prices and your salary and a quick google will tell you whether you are in the ballpark.
Reply 16
like seriously
Original post by Plain1
I just looked up the salary of an engineer in Sri Lanka...
And considering you could not afford a phone bill in 2014, you never saved that up in that time.
You're practically anonymous here and your past posts show you're lying. I don't understand what the point of this is.

1 month salary in Sri Lanka = 2 day salary in UK..I studied in england and as a part time waiter in a small restaurant, I earned more money than what I earned as a geotechnical engineer in Sri Lanka.

But then again expenses are 10x low as well

Most of my wealth is from inheritance and through real estate business..

Further 1 GBP = Rs 230
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MadameRazz
why are you asking this on a student forum

because I get quick answers here !
Reply 19
because I get quick answers here !

What are you actually wanting to know, though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending