The Student Room Group

Just withdrew from uni but now changed my mind

I completed first year averaging a 2:1. Will they take me back for re-enrolment into second year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I completed first year averaging a 2:1. Will they take me back for re-enrolment into second year?

If you have formally withdrawn, you'll need to contact the university (ideally call, not email) to ask if they are willing to take you back. Then contact Student Finance, accommodation etc. once you have their answer.

What made you drop out in the first place? If that issue hasn't resolved, maybe take some time to consider what you need.
Oops.
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
If you have formally withdrawn, you'll need to contact the university (ideally call, not email) to ask if they are willing to take you back. Then contact Student Finance, accommodation etc. once you have their answer.

What made you drop out in the first place? If that issue hasn't resolved, maybe take some time to consider what you need.

I dropped out because I transferred to another uni. I now want to return to my original uni because the course was better, and the other factors, the ones that made me transfer in the first place, now mean nothing because uni is now all online. I didn't know unis would all be online until now. Thought corona would be gone by September.
Reply 4
Original post by Mkb24764
Oops.

://
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
If you have formally withdrawn

By the way, after requesting a withdrawal I didn't get any confirmation that I had been withdrawn. No email, nothing. I just checked my 'study status' online a couple of days ago and it said 'withdrawn'.
By the way, after requesting a withdrawal I didn't get any confirmation that I had been withdrawn. No email, nothing. I just checked my 'study status' online a couple of days ago and it said 'withdrawn'.

You'll need to contact the university to confirm what your status is and request to return. That's all you can do.
I don’t have any advice but I’m in a similar position. I withdrew from my masters course on Monday this week and transferred to another university so I could live at home. Now I’m at home I’m not sure that I made the right decision. I am not sure if it’s worth asking if I can reverse my decision.

Did you enquire about going back? I wish you luck with everything!
Reply 8

That means they have officially withdrawn you. You'll probably be asked to apply via UCAS for clearing/next year.
Reply 9
Original post by Xarao
That means they have officially withdrawn you. You'll probably be asked to apply via UCAS for clearing/next year.

There will be people withdrawing this year so some hope. But what about new uni have you signed tenancy agreements and agreed to pay fees?Applies to both posters re fees.
(edited 3 years ago)

Ring them and beg.
Reply 11
Original post by Scotney
There will be people withdrawing this year so some hope. But what about new uni have you signed tenancy agreements and agreed to pay fees?Applies to both posters re fees.

Well you're just plain screwed then.
Original post by Xarao

Are these comments helpful? Just saying!
Reply 13
Original post by Scotney
Are these comments helpful? Just saying!

There's nothing we can do. It's up to you to call and find out...?
You probably should have given your decision a lot more thought and consideration. This is just plain clownery...
Original post by Xarao

No, but this is a life lesson in the big bad world. Your decisions have consequences.
Reply 16
Original post by JockstrapAttack
You probably should have given your decision a lot more thought and consideration. This is just plain clownery...

Agreed. I'd be surprised if he was taken back tbh.
Original post by SquareLetterhead
I don’t have any advice but I’m in a similar position. I withdrew from my masters course on Monday this week and transferred to another university so I could live at home. Now I’m at home I’m not sure that I made the right decision. I am not sure if it’s worth asking if I can reverse my decision.

Did you enquire about going back? I wish you luck with everything!

Thanks

If you're sure that you want to return and have weighed out all the pros and cons, I would advise that it's definitely worth asking if you can return. ASAP.

I asked my uni and am now just waiting for their response...
Original post by Xarao
You'll probably be asked to apply via UCAS for clearing/next year.

If this is the case then I'll definitely be staying at my current uni.

I also don't think clearing would be realistic. I'm sure there's space on my course, and unis want students' money right now.
Original post by Scotney
But what about new uni have you signed tenancy agreements and agreed to pay fees?Applies to both posters re fees.

I'm living at home, not in uni accom, so that's not an issue.

As for fees, I think that if I withdraw from my current uni early enough there will be no fee issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending