The Student Room Group

Handmaids tale help !

does anyone know the A lvl handmaids tale AQA 2019 question ? if so this would help me so much as I have mocks next week and am terrified as i feel like i do not know this book well at ALL and i am still struggling with planning questions :/ if anyone has any resources that can help with revising as well that would help me a lot, thanksssss :smile:
Original post by miastudent3
does anyone know the A lvl handmaids tale AQA 2019 question ? if so this would help me so much as I have mocks next week and am terrified as i feel like i do not know this book well at ALL and i am still struggling with planning questions :/ if anyone has any resources that can help with revising as well that would help me a lot, thanksssss :smile:

Hi! I haven't actually done a mock on The Handmaid's Tale yet, but when revising English I try to find Quizlet sets with the quotes + analysis. It's great if you can recall some quotes that can be used for a multitude of questions.

Some example questions could be:

Explain the significance/importance of Moira as a strong female character.
How is religion and spirituality presented in the novel?
To what extent can the reader feel pathos for the Commander?
Explain how Offred has changed due to her experiences in Gilead.
'The Handmaid's Tale is a feminist novel', how far do you agree?
Reply 2
Original post by NellieTheElegant
Hi! I haven't actually done a mock on The Handmaid's Tale yet, but when revising English I try to find Quizlet sets with the quotes + analysis. It's great if you can recall some quotes that can be used for a multitude of questions.

Some example questions could be:

Explain the significance/importance of Moira as a strong female character.
How is religion and spirituality presented in the novel?
To what extent can the reader feel pathos for the Commander?
Explain how Offred has changed due to her experiences in Gilead.
'The Handmaid's Tale is a feminist novel', how far do you agree?

Hiii thankyou so much for replying!
I will definitely look at some quizlet sets over this weekend and hopefully the quotes will stick 😅

Thankyou for the example questions, I will make essay plans over the weekend on these and think this will help me a lot!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending