The Student Room Group

Not liking romance??..

I know I sound like Scrooge from A Christmas Carol- he didn't like Christmas and I don't like romance!*

Does this make sense?

What do you call someone who doesn't like romantic stuff?
Original post by Anonymous
I know I sound like Scrooge from A Christmas Carol- he didn't like Christmas and I don't like romance!*

Does this make sense?

What do you call someone who doesn't like romantic stuff?

Unromantic?
Reply 2
Do you get attracted to people of the same sex or opposite sex though?
Reply 3
Original post by Baniazz
Do you get attracted to people of the same sex or opposite sex though?

Same. It's always been the same sex

But the opposite sex tries to talk romantically and it makes me feel uncomfortable
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
Unromantic?

But does it make sense saying to someone

' i know i sound like Scrooge, he didn't like Christmas and i don't like romance'
Does that make sense?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Same. It's always been the same sex

But the opposite sex tries to talk romantically and it makes me feel uncomfort

oh okay.
so you are ready for a relationship but without the romance part?
l am a very Romantic kind of guy
Reply 7
Original post by Baniazz
oh okay.
so you are ready for a relationship but without the romance part?

I'm not even ready for a relationship to be honest...
But he seems to be
If romance isn’t in a relationship then it’s just a friendship. Romance is what makes it a romantic relationship
(edited 3 years ago)
We will never get along. EVER.
You may just not found the sort of romance that works for you. Also romance is very seldom welcome if it comes from someone you aren't attracted to - it's just awkward as you have to find an appropriate response to it.

I would say that a lot of standard romantic stuff makes me want to vomit, but an action from someone that shows how well they understand you can be romantic even if it involves no flowers, cards, or fluffy bunnies. I would rate not buying me an engagement ring as a romantic gesture (I got a dinghy instead)
(edited 3 years ago)
Love and romance are the two things I can live without, relationships are a waste of time. Scrooge may have despised Christmas, so perhaps you're the Scrooge who hates romance.
Aromantic?
Romantic stuff creeps me out. Anything emotional or tender or lovey dovey makes me want to crawl inside myself.
Australian romance and foreplay:

"Brace yourself Sheila!"
pfp checks out :biggrin:
l am very romantic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending