The Student Room Group

Friends at uni

So I've been at university for nearly 3 weeks now and I still haven't made any friends and met anyone. I'm not on campus I'm a 5 minute walk from university though. How do you guys suggest I make friends?
Try to find things you like to do, say if you like reading go to the library and there may be people alike there who will ant to be friends with you. Also just be you the best way to make friends is by being yourself!
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been at university for nearly 3 weeks now and I still haven't made any friends and met anyone. I'm not on campus I'm a 5 minute walk from university though. How do you guys suggest I make friends?

Are there any online group chats that you can join?

A lot of people are in the same boat, especially this year with everything being online. Are you in any group chats for your course, or could you join any? Are there any societies you're interested in?
Reply 4
I'm in such a similar situation. I try meeting up with people, but still haven't found people I feel are close. It feels like everyone else around me has
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
A lot of people are in the same boat, especially this year with everything being online. Are you in any group chats for your course, or could you join any? Are there any societies you're interested in?

Yep I managed to join first aid society and am in my degree groupchat but no one actually wants to do the degree by the sounds of it 😂😬. Like they nearly all keep saying they are leaving in December/ moving unis / changing degrees. So I have no proper people to talk to .
Reply 6
Original post by Ameba
I'm in such a similar situation. I try meeting up with people, but still haven't found people I feel are close. It feels like everyone else around me has

My place is actually in lockdown rn so I haven't actually been able to see anyone actually 😂🤦*♀️
have you any flatmates?
With Covid, your best chance is online I’d say.
I’m in the same boat here. Been here also 3 weeks and made 0 friends living on campus. It’s just hard to meet absolutely anyone because everything is online
Original post by absolutelysprout
have you any flatmates?

Yeah but hey said to me on the first day separately "I'm going to do my own thing so dont talk to me" and "the other said dont bother me"... 😂 so I think it's safe to say we wont be friends anytime soon
Yeah but hey said to me on the first day separately "I'm going to do my own thing so dont talk to me" and "the other said dont bother me"... 😂 so I think it's safe to say we wont be friends anytime soon

aw no sorry to hear that :frown: group chats are probs the best way to go, i don't think everyone in there is intent on switching degrees and unis hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending