The Student Room Group

University of Dundee A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of Dundee A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Dundee A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022478

For general information click: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/#info-entry-requirements

Dundee A100 / A104 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6948980

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Doesn’t anyone know how Dundee calculate points for selection at interview for the A100 programme ?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Doesn’t anyone know how Dundee calculate points for selection at interview for the A100 programme ?

Well if they do they'd be in this thread, please continue your discussions here.

Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Dundee are notoriously secretive about how they score people and what sort of score is needed.
It is 60% academics (GCSE and A level) and 40% UCAT
Up to 8 GCSE results normally considered. Maximum points if 6 or more at grade 9/A*. Up to 4 A levels normally considered. Maximum points if AAAA or A*A*A*. Slight extra weighting to achieved grades.
UCAT is scored using deciles of Dundee's applicant pool, although these are not usually very different from the overall (Pearson) deciles.
The average score of an offer holder was 680 a few years ago, according to Dundee.

So clear as mud. They refuse to say what score is needed, but check old threads on here to get a fair idea
Reply 4
I'm an RUK student would these stats be enough for an interview ?

gcses 999888876
ucat 2470
Band 2
Reply 5
Hello, i was able to get 690 band 1 on my UCAT. Im a scottish student with 5 A highers and a predicted 3 A advanced highers. Will I be able to get an interview?
(edited 3 years ago)
I am considering applying to Dundee for medicine. I live in England. Here are my stats.
GCSE: 99999999998
Predictions: A*A*A*A*
UCAT: 2650, avg 662.5, SJT Band 1
Do I stand a chance? Also can you suggest any other unis? I'm thinking about Cardiff, Kings and Oxford
I am considering applying to Dundee for medicine. I live in England. Here are my stats.
GCSE: 99999999998
Predictions: A*A*A*A*
UCAT: 2650, avg 662.5, SJT Band 1
Do I stand a chance? Also can you suggest any other unis? I'm thinking about Cardiff, Kings and Oxford
Submitted my application yesterday, now for the long wait! Good luck to anyone else applying to Dundee this year! ☺️
GCSEs: 9988777766
A level: AAA
UCAT: 3000 Band 1
I'm RUK do I stand a chance?
does anyone have any idea of how Dundee uses UCAT or what their cut off score is, im finding it hard to find information on this online. my ucat score is 665 with a band 1 in SJT. thanks :smile:
Original post by jss.tlr
does anyone have any idea of how Dundee uses UCAT or what their cut off score is, im finding it hard to find information on this online. my ucat score is 665 with a band 1 in SJT. thanks :smile:

They don’t have a cut off score for UCAT as they use a combination of academics and UCAT!
Original post by ChemGirl95
They don’t have a cut off score for UCAT as they use a combination of academics and UCAT!

thank u!!
I have a ucat score of 665 and and sjt band 1, my gcses were 98888777B and my predicted alevels are A*AA, I have work experience in a care home also, do you think applying is worth it?
Reply 14
Original post by jss.tlr
I have a ucat score of 665 and and sjt band 1, my gcses were 98888777B and my predicted alevels are A*AA, I have work experience in a care home also, do you think applying is worth it?

Here is some FOI data about UCAT averages for interviews and offers.
What is the GCSE english literature and language requirements for dundee?
Original post by Henerz15
What is the GCSE english literature and language requirements for dundee?

Here's a list of GCSE requirements for all UK med schools: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=927126&d=1594334950

what are the gcse english requiremts, on the website it says english 6, is this for literature, language, either or both?

Thanks
Original post by Henerz15
what are the gcse english requiremts, on the website it says english 6, is this for literature, language, either or both?

Thanks

I think that means both!
Original post by Valantis8
Hello, i was able to get 690 band 1 on my UCAT. Im a scottish student with 5 A highers and a predicted 3 A advanced highers. Will I be able to get an interview?

These seem like very good results so you are likely to get an interview if your personal statement is good x i am going to dundee next year maybe see you there :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending