The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Official University of Southampton 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Southampton for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with your applications!
I am a final year Chemistry student (4th year) currently at university of southampton :hi:
Here to help if you have any questions about life at the University, what is it like there, University Accommodation or anything Southampton really!

Please check out my Southampton Accommodation thread which will include loads of useful info! :borat:
You can also Ask a current Student here.

All the best :grouphugs:
Cheese
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
hiya!
I’m planning on applying for Modern History and Politics @ Southampton, the modules sound fab and full of exactly the kind of history I’m into!
I’m studying History, Law and English Literature atm - soon to be drowning in two sets of coursework *cri*
Predicted AAA :smile:
Hi, I'm planning on applying to Maths and Computer science MEng.

I am doing maths, further maths, physics (and possible AS chemistry privately) predicted A*AA.

The website says I can do TMUA as part of the criteria for a reduced offer. I am also applying to cambridge so I have to do CTMUA. Would I have to do both tests or just CTMUA to be considered for a reduced offer?
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Southampton for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I want to do Criminology and Psychology and at the moment i'm doing in Sixth form Spanish,Photography,ICT and Applied Science.
Hiii!!

I'm planning on applying for the pre-masters program in management @ Southampton. If anyone has any tips on applying, I'll be happy to hear them.😊

I'm currently at Boston University studying economics and architectural studies. I hope I get to meet people from this thread since I'm a bit nervous about leaving the US for the UK.
Hi!
I currently hold an unconditional to study Psychology at Soton for 2021 (I defered). Hope I can meet some potential coursemates in this thread!

I did Psychology, Art and Biology and an EPQ and got A*AC with an A in EPQ
Reply 7
Hiya!

I'm applying for Physiotherapy Bsc 2021 at Southampton, currently studying A levels in PE, Biology and Geography, predicted A*AA

Hopefully can find some people applying for physio as well on this thread!!
Hi!Also applying to physiotherapy bsc at southampton - in 2022 though as I am planning a deferred entry. Currently studying Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, predicted A*AA.Has anyone got any further reading resources for potential physio students?
Original post by eroper
Hiya!

I'm applying for Physiotherapy Bsc 2021 at Southampton, currently studying A levels in PE, Biology and Geography, predicted A*AA

Hey! I'm applying for Physio next year too. I'm doing an access course in science to get in, fingers crossed.
How are you best preparing yourself to get in and what are you most looking forward to?
Reply 10
Original post by Naughtykettle
Hey! I'm applying for Physio next year too. I'm doing an access course in science to get in, fingers crossed.
How are you best preparing yourself to get in and what are you most looking forward to?

I'm attending weekly webinars on https://www.clinicalphysio.com/ and I've completed a few online courses on Physiopedia as well. I haven't been able to complete physio work experience, unfortunately, the 2 work experience placements I arranged pre-covid were cancelled.

Definitely most looking forward to placement because I love getting hands-on, also can't wait to learn more anatomy because I've really enjoyed those A level topics, what about you?
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Southampton, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Thank you!!
Hi,
I'm applying for Sociology at Southampton and I currently study: Sociology, English Language and RS
:smile:
Original post by eroper
I'm attending weekly webinars on https://www.clinicalphysio.com/ and I've completed a few online courses on Physiopedia as well. I haven't been able to complete physio work experience, unfortunately, the 2 work experience placements I arranged pre-covid were cancelled.

Definitely most looking forward to placement because I love getting hands-on, also can't wait to learn more anatomy because I've really enjoyed those A level topics, what about you?

Oh that's such a great resource I hadn't come across before! I'll definitely be joining them.

Oh that sucks, maybe next year it'll get green lighted prior to term starting.

Personally I've looked into care work to get familiar with the 6cs and such

Oh I'm definitely looking forward to the hands on work too, it's my preferred learning style.

I'm coming back into education after a long gap in my education so I'm currently doing an access course to get me up to date.
I'm quite excited about the whole course if I'm totally honest!
Reply 14
Original post by eroper
Hiya!

I am applying for Physio too! Unsure whether to defer my entry though to 2022.
Reply 15
Original post by Naughtykettle
Oh that's such a great resource I hadn't come across before! I'll definitely be joining them.

Oh that sucks, maybe next year it'll get green lighted prior to term starting.

Personally I've looked into care work to get familiar with the 6cs and such

Oh I'm definitely looking forward to the hands on work too, it's my preferred learning style.

I'm coming back into education after a long gap in my education so I'm currently doing an access course to get me up to date.
I'm quite excited about the whole course if I'm totally honest!

What access course are you doing?
probably looking to do biomedical science here! currently taking biology maths and german :smile:
Reply 17
I am Tom, 35

I have applied for Mental Health Nursing and I am currently studying an 'access course' (Science).

I sent the application off yesterday and I am overjoyed to have gotten that out of the way!

Would love to hear from other mental health nursing applicants or anyone else for that matter!

be good to yourselves everyone.. and have fun.
Original post by hannahhutton1
What access course are you doing?

Doing Access to Science, however feeling like stopping for a year due to no biology teacher and the current Pandemic. I do feel ill prepared for the future
Hi, My name's Maisie. I'm applying to study Education and Psychology at Southampton. I'm predicted AAA but need AAB for my course.
I do Music, Psychology, and Media A-level.
Has anyone had an offer from Southampton? I applied over a month ago and still haven't heard anything! I currently have offers from Bristol, York, and Keele.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending