The Student Room Group

Did women just like him because he was very handsome?

Back in the 1970s, 1980s, Imran Khan (yes the now prime minister of Pakistan), played for Worcester and Sussex cricket club, lived in England, but played cricket for Pakistan and later won the cricket world cup as captain in 1992.

He also studied at Oxford.

And he was absolutely swooned by women. Two of biographies, they wrote how he had some kind hypnotic effect on women.

There are plenty of Imran Khan pics, Imran khan 80s, unseen pics, even Youtube videos of him.

Some people say its only because he was famous, however there were other famous cricketers and you didn't see or hear about girls going goo-goo ga-ga over them.

And they say its because women like hunter gatherer, protector, provider type males!
i mean, he's alright. not my type but yk.
Reply 2
He was Pakistani, but even English women swooned to him.

Could be slightly that he was famous.
Me being Pakistani 👀
No.
Famous sports star, wealthy, a celeb, into the partying lifestyle and apparently knew how to turn on the charm with the girls at clubs.
I don't find him good looking or attractive in any way.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Famous sports star, wealthy, a celeb, into the partying lifestyle and apparently knew how to turn on the charm with the girls at clubs.
I don't find him good looking or attractive in any way.

Fair play.

How did you know he was into the partying lifestyle? I was going to put that in the OP but decided to leave it out.

Not many women would have not found him attractive or good looking, then again everyone is different. He also did have the intellect.
Original post by Anonymous
Fair play.

How did you know he was into the partying lifestyle? I was going to put that in the OP but decided to leave it out.

Not many women would have not found him attractive or good looking, then again everyone is different. He also did have the intellect.

I've encountered quite a few of the burned out sports stars, gambling loving celebs of the 70s-80s era, hostesses, bunny girls and other staff who made lucrative careers from the enthusiasm for partying between the 1960s-90s.
My uncle worked at annabel's, the playboy club and high society gaming venues for decades.
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
I've encountered quite a few of the burned out sports stars, gambling loving celebs of the 70s-80s era, hostesses, bunny girls and other staff who made lucrative careers from the enthusiasm for partying between the 1960s-90s.
My uncle worked at annabel's, the playboy club and high society gaming venues for decades.

Wow. That is a story.

What did your uncle say of Imran Khan who frequented there back in the day?
Original post by Anonymous
Wow. That is a story.

What did your uncle say of Imran Khan who frequented there back in the day?

Nothing pleasant, he despised sports and all those involved in them except the horses.
My uncle was more a fan of high risk addicted blue bloods with ancient family crests, charming aristocratic wastrels, opportunistic politicians in the habit of playing with fire, gangsters and smooth entrepreneurs with no morals like Maxwell. :rofl:

Quick Reply