The Student Room Group

How can I end my tenancy?

Because of COVID I have had to take a voluntary interruption of study from my course, (the Uni haven't put in any safety measures apart from windows being open in a classroom of 50 and walking one way around the building) I am still in student accommodation and wanted to know am I even allowed to end my tenancy and move home?
Original post by EllieBubbles9001
Because of COVID I have had to take a voluntary interruption of study from my course, (the Uni haven't put in any safety measures apart from windows being open in a classroom of 50 and walking one way around the building) I am still in student accommodation and wanted to know am I even allowed to end my tenancy and move home?

you need to check your tenancy agreement as to whether there's a plenty to ending your contract or not.
Original post by claireestelle
you need to check your tenancy agreement as to whether there's a plenty to ending your contract or not.

What is that?
What is that?

you should have gotten a copy of it to sign in some way when you agreed to live in your accommodation
I don't think there is one and I know I'm not allowed to give the tenancy to someone else
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle

What is that?

I think @claireestelle meant to type "penalty" rather than "plenty".
I don't think there is one and I know I'm not allowed to give the tenancy to someone else

Did you not sign something before moving in?
it seems like they have it all tied up, I signed up so I pay the whole thing, i wouldn't mind paying a penalty but without grants from my course i don't have ten grand to shell out for the cost of the whole tenancy, are you sure you're allowed just give it to someone else?
Original post by martin7
I think @claireestelle meant to type "penalty" rather than "plenty".

indeed i did :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending