The Student Room Group

Universities in UK

I'm now living in the United States of America and graduating with an Associates degree. Right now, I'm in high school completing it for Mass Communications. Are there any universities in the United Kingdom for an Associates degree in Mass Communications?
Reply 1
I'm from the US as well, but I'm pretty sure you would be looking for something along the lines of Journalism or Communications. I've heard that the University of Leeds, Loughborough Univesity and Newcastle University are good. I found a page about rankings here: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/communication-and-media-studies?tabletype=full-table
Hi @CaramelQueen03,

We offer a Media and Communications BSc (Hons) degree that you may be interested in! As part of this programme, you'll learn about new developments across a broad range of media and communication sectors: digital and social media, television, film, advertising, news and journalism.

If you have questions, feel free to drop me a message!
Ella :smile:
Just to add to the comments here- the UK system is different and this would be best translated as a Bachelors degree in communications or even journalism
Original post by Ibex340
I'm from the US as well, but I'm pretty sure you would be looking for something along the lines of Journalism or Communications. I've heard that the University of Leeds, Loughborough Univesity and Newcastle University are good. I found a page about rankings here: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/communication-and-media-studies?tabletype=full-table

Thank you very much! I'll be checking that out soon!

Original post by historynerd47
Just to add to the comments here- the UK system is different and this would be best translated as a Bachelors degree in communications or even journalism

Oh OK! I have no idea how the UK's system goes but thank you! :smile:

Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @CaramelQueen03,

We offer a Media and Communications BSc (Hons) degree that you may be interested in! As part of this programme, you'll learn about new developments across a broad range of media and communication sectors: digital and social media, television, film, advertising, news and journalism.

If you have questions, feel free to drop me a message!
Ella :smile:

Thank you so much! :biggrin: I'll pm you anytime if I need it.
Original post by CaramelQueen03
Thank you very much! I'll be checking that out soon!

Oh OK! I have no idea how the UK's system goes but thank you! :smile:

Thank you so much! :biggrin: I'll pm you anytime if I need it.

You're welcome!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending