The Student Room Group

Need help on question: Evaluate research into reciprocity and international synchrony

(16 marks)
I only really have a few questions on this
1. How much A01 paragraphs do I need to write on this - is it two or three?
2. I already know I need to write a paragraph on Reciprocity and another on International Synchrony as two of the paragraphs. Do I also have to write a paragraph on attachment and what it means and that as an A01 Paragraph in a 16 marker like that?

Please answer as soon as possible, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Clauxery373277
(16 marks)
I only really have a few questions on this
1. How much A01 paragraphs do I need to write on this - is it two or three?
2. I already know I need to write a paragraph on Reciprocity and another on International Synchrony as two of the paragraphs. Do I also have to write a paragraph on attachment and what it means and that as an A01 Paragraph in a 16 marker like that?

Please answer as soon as possible, thanks.

You want one paragraph of AO1 and then 4 evaluation/ discussion paragraphs.

If I was use in your AO1 (first paragraph):
1) Define caregiver-infant interactions
2) Then define reciprocity- why is it important? The caregiver can anticipate the infant's behaviour and respond appropriately- the sensitivity of this interaction lays the foundation for future attachments
3) Then define interactional synchrony- link to Meltzoff and Moore's study- focus more on findings than procedure

(I would put it all into one paragraph rather than one for interactional synchrony and one for reciprocity- but you can do separate :smile:)

Then evaluation, so I would be considering: (4 paragraphs)

1) Limitations of testing infant behaviour- in Meltzoff and Moore's study the infant's mouths are in fairly constant motion so it is difficult to distinguish between general behaviour and specific imitations. But, then they tried to resolve this by having two observers- intra-observer reliability.
2) Then, maybe one about Piaget who said anything before the age of 1 was pseudo-imitation
3) Maybe another on individual differences? Belsky and Isabella?
4) Maybe one on Meltzoff's Like Me Hypothesis- Theory of the Mind
5) Or that Meltzoff and Moore's study is supported by Tronick's still-face experiment?

(Obvs don't need all the eval I suggested!)
Thank you so much. So this means I don't need to do a paragraph on what attachment is right as one of the A01s?
Reply 3
Thank you so much. So this means I don't need to do a paragraph on what attachment is right as one of the A01s?

No, you don’t need a paragraph on what attachment is. Remember for 16 mark questions there are 6 marks for AO1 and 10 for AO3
Thank you. Finally, are there any Psychology questions on outlining what Attachment is? And how much marks are there in them usually? I've got mocks in two months and need to do well so I'm making loads of flashcards on this right now that's why I wanna know so that when I revise it, I'm writing the paragraphs about the right topics.
Reply 5

The whole topic is attachment- so don't bother wasting your time :smile:
Original post by emma543
The whole topic is attachment- so don't bother wasting your time :smile:

Thanks so much.
Reply 7
Thank you. Finally, are there any Psychology questions on outlining what Attachment is? And how much marks are there in them usually? I've got mocks in two months and need to do well so I'm making loads of flashcards on this right now that's why I wanna know so that when I revise it, I'm writing the paragraphs about the right topics.

You’ll never be asked to define attachments as it is too broad. You might get asked to define caregiver-infant interactions or define bowlby‘s monotropic attachment 😊 They will typically be 2-3 marks. But, when revising- the biggest question will be a 16 marker so know enough ao1 and 4 eval points for each topic and you can answer mostly all questions regardless of whether they are 2, 3, 4, 5 marks etc. I love the fifths edition completion companion psychology book which has a cat on front for year 1 and dog for year 2!
Original post by emma543
You’ll never be asked to define attachments as it is too broad. You might get asked to define caregiver-infant interactions or define bowlby‘s monotropic attachment 😊 They will typically be 2-3 marks. But, when revising- the biggest question will be a 16 marker so know enough ao1 and 4 eval points for each topic and you can answer mostly all questions regardless of whether they are 2, 3, 4, 5 marks etc. I love the fifths edition completion companion psychology book which has a cat on front for year 1 and dog for year 2!

Thanks. I've got a test on Memory on Friday so I'm trying to get all that revised as soon as possible. Please can you let me know what are the A01s in a 16 marker on the working memory model and what they are in a 16 marker on the multi store model. I just don't wanna put the wrong content in my A01 paragraphs I'll be writing on Friday so I'm trying to get all the flashcards for this today and tomorrow. Do I write A01 paragraphs on the sensory registers too on either of these or not? Thanks for reading and thanks even more if you do respond. Just been struggling with these IECs for all of psychology really and with mocks on paper 1 and paper 2 I gotta make so much flashcards since I made some before but because I didnt include the IECs and all that for the 16 markers I did poorly on all those.
Reply 9
Thanks. I've got a test on Memory on Friday so I'm trying to get all that revised as soon as possible. Please can you let me know what are the A01s in a 16 marker on the working memory model and what they are in a 16 marker on the multi store model. I just don't wanna put the wrong content in my A01 paragraphs I'll be writing on Friday so I'm trying to get all the flashcards for this today and tomorrow. Do I write A01 paragraphs on the sensory registers too on either of these or not? Thanks for reading and thanks even more if you do respond. Just been struggling with these IECs for all of psychology really and with mocks on paper 1 and paper 2 I gotta make so much flashcards since I made some before but because I didnt include the IECs and all that for the 16 markers I did poorly on all those.

Remember for all 16 markers, you want one paragraph of AO1 (no more than half a page!), and four paragraphs of AO3

Okay, let's start with multi-store model :smile:

1) The multi-store model was proposed by Atkinson and Shiffrin, it a linear model, consisting of three memory stores, linked to each other by the processes that enable the transfer of information from one store to the next.
2) Then define sensory register: the place where information is held at each of the senses, it has a large capacity and constantly receives information, but most of this receives no attention and so only remains in the sensory register for a millisecond.
3) If a person's attention is focused on one of the sensory stores, the information is transferred to STM.
4) Info in STM is used for immediate tasks, it has a limited duration and information decays if it isn't rehearsed. STM has a limited capacity so if the information isn't rehearsed it will be displaced by new information.
5) Maintenance rehearsal is repetition which creates a long-term memory.

For working memory model,

1) Proposed by Baddeley and Hitch as felt the STM was made up of several components, not just one store.
2) The central executive has a limited capacity, it acts as the boss, it allocates the brain's resources, coordinates multi-tasking, and directs attention.
3) The phonological loop deals with auditory information and preserves the order of information. It is further divided into the phonological store (holds the words you hear, like an inner ear) and articulatory process (holds words heard or seen then silently repeats them, like an inner voice)
4) Visuo-spatial sketchpad stores visual and/or spatial information. Subdivided into the visual cache, which stores information about visual items and inner scribe which stores spatial information
5) Episodic buffer acts as limited general store, integrating information from all the slave-systems, maintains sense-of-time sequencing, and sends information to LTM.

TOP TIP :smile:
You don't need all the AO1 I gave you (I get this written on my essays all the time!) - if you write more than half a page your wasting time as marks for AO1 are capped. So for example, the WMM you might outline all the bits in it and then go into more detail about one or two components :smile:
What do you mean by IECs? :smile:
Original post by emma543
What do you mean by IECs? :smile:

Thanks and by IECs I mean Identify Evaluate Conclude. It's what we do at my college a lot. Its the A03 which is worth 10 marks if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks and by IECs I mean Identify Evaluate Conclude. It's what we do at my college a lot. Its the A03 which is worth 10 marks if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, so what I have given you is the AO1 stuff, not AO3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending