The Student Room Group

history or english lit? HELP

Hi, I am currently a year 12 student taking bio, psych, and sociology. Personally, I am finding sociology uninteresting and wanting to change but I am unsure if I should do Eng lit or History. For GCSE I got a grade 6 in lit and a grade 8 in history, but I thoroughly enjoyed both.
I am interested in doing law/teaching/nursing ( a wide choice I know!:redface:) for uni.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :smile:
Hiya! I am in year 13 and I am doing English Lit and History. I love both subjects too. At GCSE which one did you enjoy more? I’d check how the teachers are for those subjects to cause they are a big influence on the subject choice. Ask others how they find the lessons. I picked sociology and I didn’t get on with it at all and dropped it the next day :smile:)). I hope this helps and good luck with it xx
I personally am really enjoying English lit soo much so far, but I don't know anything about history since I dropped it as soon as I could in yr 9 (lol). I find it fairly easy so far, but I got an 8 for both lang and lit at GCSE. Lit is definitely very interesting and bear in mind there will be essays set frequently :smile:
Hi, history uni student here, studied English lit and history at a-level and loved both. History is very content heavy and English lit goes very in depth with the analysis, a lot more than just enjoying the reading. I think its worth checking out the details of both courses- the eras of history and the texts in English can make a massive difference to your enjoyment of the subject.
Reply 4
Original post by EllieroseFarmer
Hiya! I am in year 13 and I am doing English Lit and History. I love both subjects too. At GCSE which one did you enjoy more? I’d check how the teachers are for those subjects to cause they are a big influence on the subject choice. Ask others how they find the lessons. I picked sociology and I didn’t get on with it at all and dropped it the next day :smile:)). I hope this helps and good luck with it xx

hii i loved both tbh but my lit teacher wasn't the best which sometimes made me dislike the lessons, but i think I'm going to choose lit as i am interested in the topics (crime,Othello) and will work better at it! Tysm for your help btw! xx
I am doing othello too!!!! And glad to have helped :smile:))) Xx

Quick Reply

Latest