I need an advice on something..

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So this year has been the most awful year that I have yet to experienced and I guess others may agree on that too. This year:
- I lost my grandmother, I was left alone for 2 months because of that because my parents needed to take of the funeral (coz I am from Poland and my grandmother lived there whereas we live in UK) and I was unable to go because I had to renew my passport which took so long and I needed to apply for student finance and that took long time too.
-The grades that I received, I am not happy about expect one
- I was unable to secure place at any university and the last thing I ever wanted to do was gap year, I hated the idea of it so much
- My Dad is in the bad mood and it's impacting me and everybody else in the household
- My job barely gives me hours so I don't get much money
I've already been feeling bad and upset at the beginning of the year, coz of my grandmother, but since August things just have been getting worse and worse. I technically have an offer with one uni next year only if I pass their summer school but still atm nothing is for sure yet now that I've learn through experience that life is hard especially now. Before I used to be so optimistic and cheerful and now even my friends pointed out that I'm no longer cheerful and positive as I used to be and it makes them worry which I don't like coz I hate when I make other people worry.

My worry is that this is impacting my mental health. Since august I cannot stop worry and stress myself about what my future holds now that nothing is clear. And things have been getting worse and worse. I've been overthinking everything and stressing myself out even more but I cannot seem to stop which then leads to either me crying or feeling really down which I hate so much coz this isn't me I never was like this. My eye also began to twitch and twitches everyday sometimes it's really bad that it twitches for good 5/10 min straight on. I checked and it says that this could be caused by stress.
So my question is what should I do?
Am I experiencing anxiety? Idk but Ik that I am just no longer me and I would like to go back to my old self coz I am sick of how am I feeling
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So this year has been the most awful year that I have yet to experienced and I guess others may agree on that too. This year:
- I lost my grandmother, I was left alone for 2 months because of that because my parents needed to take of the funeral (coz I am from Poland and my grandmother lived there whereas we live in UK) and I was unable to go because I had to renew my passport which took so long and I needed to apply for student finance and that took long time too.
-The grades that I received, I am not happy about expect one
- I was unable to secure place at any university and the last thing I ever wanted to do was gap year, I hated the idea of it so much
- My Dad is in the bad mood and it's impacting me and everybody else in the household
- My job barely gives me hours so I don't get much money
I've already been feeling bad and upset at the beginning of the year, coz of my grandmother, but since August things just have been getting worse and worse. I technically have an offer with one uni next year only if I pass their summer school but still atm nothing is for sure yet now that I've learn through experience that life is hard especially now. Before I used to be so optimistic and cheerful and now even my friends pointed out that I'm no longer cheerful and positive as I used to be and it makes them worry which I don't like coz I hate when I make other people worry.

My worry is that this is impacting my mental health. Since august I cannot stop worry and stress myself about what my future holds now that nothing is clear. And things have been getting worse and worse. I've been overthinking everything and stressing myself out even more but I cannot seem to stop which then leads to either me crying or feeling really down which I hate so much coz this isn't me I never was like this. My eye also began to twitch and twitches everyday sometimes it's really bad that it twitches for good 5/10 min straight on. I checked and it says that this could be caused by stress.
So my question is what should I do?
Am I experiencing anxiety? Idk but Ik that I am just no longer me and I would like to go back to my old self coz I am sick of how am I feeling
im sorry to hear about this. :console: have you tried talking to a therapist?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
im sorry to hear about this. :console: have you tried talking to a therapist?
will it get my parents involved? I am 19 but I was worried to call therapist or GP coz I don't want to get my family involved like I don't want therapist to think that my parents are the cause of all of this
EllieroseFarmer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If not a therapist in real life, what about some councillor apps you can download? My friend uses one and her parents do not know.

I am truly so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I do not know what to suggest really xxx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EllieroseFarmer)
If not a therapist in real life, what about some councillor apps you can download? My friend uses one and her parents do not know.

I am truly so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I do not know what to suggest really xxx
do you perhaps think I might be dealing with anxiety?
EllieroseFarmer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will say that you are not alone. We’re all in the same boat regarding stress and mental health issues. This is a scary year and many things feel out of place, confusing and leave effects on us as people.

I am not someone in that area of knowledge, but I will say that there are signs of anxiety there. I recommend talking to someone, a friend, a family member, a colleague or even a stranger. Don’t keep it all in and let it simmer cause one day it can burst.

Xxx
Turtle28224
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
will it get my parents involved? I am 19 but I was worried to call therapist or GP coz I don't want to get my family involved like I don't want therapist to think that my parents are the cause of all of this
Hi I am training to be a therapist. I definitely think that you could do with someone to talk to and don’t worry if you ask your therapist for the sessions to be confidential, they should be confidential. Your parents shouldn’t need to be involved since you are an adult now and a good therapist will not think that. In my perspective, you are feeling a little down and need some positivity. Work on your grades in that gap year. Take the time to enjoy yourself and make new memories. Try and find a new job. If you need anything, I am available to talk anytime. Take care ❤️xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Turtle28224)
Hi I am training to be a therapist. I definitely think that you could do with someone to talk to and don’t worry if you ask your therapist for the sessions to be confidential, they should be confidential. Your parents shouldn’t need to be involved since you are an adult now and a good therapist will not think that. In my perspective, you are feeling a little down and need some positivity. Work on your grades in that gap year. Take the time to enjoy yourself and make new memories. Try and find a new job. If you need anything, I am available to talk anytime. Take care ❤️xx
Yeahh I definitely agree with you in regards to the fact that I completely lost all positivity in me. I am trying to look at things in positive light but I guess after many hurdles I cannot just no face with actual reality. And in regards to job there isn't anything I can do since there's barely any job available in my area coz of virus
I will think about calling GP and ask if I could get someone to help me I guess. Coz with my family Ik for fine fact that it won't help coz they won't acc see me a someone who should have someone to talk to; they will just not understand and friends pretty much too, I don't think they will acc give me proper advice
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if your 19, your parents dont have to be involved. :nah:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads