The Student Room Group

How to express my feelings towards a former housemate

I lived in a shared house with this girl and four other people. She recently moved into another houseshare, and I am also moving out at the end of this month. She asked me to let her know when I am leaving so that we can meet up beforehand.

Basically, I want to use this final meetup as an opportunity to confess my feelings towards her. She is really easy to talk to, I always enjoy her company, we have enough in common and I find her attractive. I just wanted some advice on the best way to approach this. I want to say to her that I like her as more than a friend and hope she feels the same. Any advice on the right tone/words to use would be helpful as my romantic history isn't great.If she feels the same way, then I could also do with some advice from people who have started relationships during the pandemic. How have you made it work? What have you done differently?Thanks in advance!
Just be as clear and upfront as you can be - something like "I really like you, and if you'd want to, I'd like us to be in a relationship"?
The important thing is being mature and respectful if she says no :smile: If she says yes, yay! Now you can talk about what that's going to mean for you guys - plan a date, try kissing/hand-holding, talking regularly etc.

:goodluck:
Reply 2
Original post by becausethenight
Just be as clear and upfront as you can be - something like "I really like you, and if you'd want to, I'd like us to be in a relationship"?
The important thing is being mature and respectful if she says no :smile: If she says yes, yay! Now you can talk about what that's going to mean for you guys - plan a date, try kissing/hand-holding, talking regularly etc.

Thanks for your help. I am meeting her tomorrow, so just going to say what I need to say and hope for the best.
Original post by Hugs31
Thanks for your help. I am meeting her tomorrow, so just going to say what I need to say and hope for the best.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
Reply 4
I would suggest just asking her on a date. Expressing these sentiments up front can be a bit much. Good luck.
Original post by Hugs31

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :smile:
Original post by Hugs31
I lived in a shared house with this girl and four other people. She recently moved into another houseshare, and I am also moving out at the end of this month. She asked me to let her know when I am leaving so that we can meet up beforehand.

Basically, I want to use this final meetup as an opportunity to confess my feelings towards her. She is really easy to talk to, I always enjoy her company, we have enough in common and I find her attractive. I just wanted some advice on the best way to approach this. I want to say to her that I like her as more than a friend and hope she feels the same. Any advice on the right tone/words to use would be helpful as my romantic history isn't great.If she feels the same way, then I could also do with some advice from people who have started relationships during the pandemic. How have you made it work? What have you done differently?Thanks in advance!

When you meet up, you could try to flirt with her to see if she reciprocates and go from there? Or, you could just ask her for a date. I would not suggest to go in gung ho talking about your feelings unless you are positive she feels the same way quite yet
Reply 7
God, I'm crap at this. I met with her last week at a café but decided against unloading my feelings like that. We had a nice time, she liked the café I chose and the conversation flowed. I wished her well when we left and suggested a regular Zoom catch-up, which she seemed up for.
Reply 8
Original post by Hugs31
God, I'm crap at this. I met with her last week at a café but decided against unloading my feelings like that. We had a nice time, she liked the café I chose and the conversation flowed. I wished her well when we left and suggested a regular Zoom catch-up, which she seemed up for.

just send her a msg if you can't manage to do it in person.

the main thing is to just DO IT

If she likes you, then you asking her out in a msg isn't going to make any difference and make her say no.

If you liked a girl and she asked you out in a msg would this make you say no?

girls prefer to be asked out face to face, but it really doesn't matter how you ask the result will be the same. i speak from experience as i've asked out a girl i met over a msg ..and i could tell from her reply she would have prefered face to face ..but she still said yes and we still went on a date
Original post by Hugs31

Ah well, at least you had a nice time, that's always good to hear! :smile:
Do try and ask her out properly when you feel ready, though - or years later you'll be good friends but not in a relationship!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending