The Student Room Group

I’m 14 and want to find a job to get a bit of money

I live in a small to mid size village and want to get a job like paper round/post office work or things like that, need some advice on how to apply for them,
Reply 1
Make your CV and include any volunteering or things like NCS if you havent had any actual jobs and go to the places you want to work and ask if they have vacancies they will probably tell you to give in in ur CV. Apply to everywhere no matter if you think u will get it or not.
Best to go into the shop that does paper rounds with a parent/elder sibling.

Then simply say you are interested and ask how to apply.

It doesn’t usually need a cv, it can be done informally.

I did this with someone and then they just asked for the number of the parent and arranged for it to happen.

Good first impressions! Go in a tidy outfit!!
Is there not a local hotel/pub that you can get a kitchen job in and maybe do some cleaning as well it might not be easy regards the Covid -19 stuff going on but you can always ask around and you should not need a CV
Reply 4
Thanks quite helpful
Reply 5
Thanks will do
Original post by Freddie.G
I live in a small to mid size village and want to get a job like paper round/post office work or things like that, need some advice on how to apply for them,

If you struggle to find a traditional job I'd recommend going round to peoples houses in your area and asking if they need help walking dogs, washing cars etc.
Thanks quite helpful

Welcome
Paper/magazine round is the way to go. There's probably a local magazine delivered once a month or so, stuffed with a few flyers. Either use the contact details from the magazine, or just find a magazine company that is local to you on the internet. Email them asking if they have any routes available, near where you are. Rinse and repeat. Also fits in well with school work. You just have to deliver the magazines within a few days, up to a week. So you can fit it in around school work and clubs etc.
Reply 9
Thanks
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Best to go into the shop that does paper rounds with a parent/elder sibling.

Then simply say you are interested and ask how to apply.

It doesn’t usually need a cv, it can be done informally.

I did this with someone and then they just asked for the number of the parent and arranged for it to happen.

Good first impressions! Go in a tidy outfit!!

I agree

make an OnlyFans

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending