The Student Room Group

I put the wrong AS course accidently on my UCAS application which I sent off. :(

I sent off my UCAS application earlier today. I was looking through my details on Track and then I spotted a mistake which I hadn't noticed before sending off the application.

I put my AS Politics qualification as AS 'Government and Politics' which is the old specification that started in 2008 and ended in 2019 for resits. This was primarily my fault, though there were around 10 different politics courses to pick. Some were even called 'Politics and Government'

I immediately emailed all the universities I applied to as well as UCAS to amend that simple error.

I emailed Imperial, Cambridge, Durham, Bristol and Exeter.

I received an automated email from Imperial as soon as I emailed them stating:

"that they will only consider applications on the basis of documents that you upload with your original application. Unfortunately we are not able to add any additional, corrected or updated documents that you may send us following the submission of your application"

Then there was a load of information relating to links, 2020 applications, COVID-19. Does this mean that my application is void, due to the mistake of my AS course?

My A-Level courses are correct (which is what the offer condition would be on) , as I put Edexcel Politics which is the spec I am doing the exam in next year. It's just the AS course which is wrong.

Am I going to get an actual reply from a human which would probably help me over what seems like a simple mistake?

Any help is appreciated. I have never felt so stressed before in my entire life before. :frown::frown: :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Does this mean that your referee has also sent it off? If not, get onto them ASAP!
i think the first time you click send it just goes to your referee? i might be wrong tho
Dont panic.

This is very minor and it isnt going to have any impact of your chances of an offer.
You have contacted UCAS. They will correct it on your application.

Breathe.
Original post by khunter123444
I sent off my UCAS application earlier today. I was looking through my details on Track and then I spotted a mistake which I hadn't noticed before sending off the application.

I put my AS Politics qualification as AS 'Government and Politics' which is the old specification that started in 2008 and ended in 2019 for resits. This was primarily my fault, though there were around 10 different politics courses to pick. Some were even called 'Politics and Government'

I immediately emailed all the universities I applied to as well as UCAS to amend that simple error.

I emailed Imperial, Cambridge, Durham, Bristol and Exeter.

I received an automated email from Imperial as soon as I emailed them stating:

"that they will only consider applications on the basis of documents that you upload with your original application. Unfortunately we are not able to add any additional, corrected or updated documents that you may send us following the submission of your application"

Then there was a load of information relating to links, 2020 applications, COVID-19. Does this mean that my application is void, due to the mistake of my AS course?

My A-Level courses are correct (which is what the offer condition would be on) , as I put Edexcel Politics which is the spec I am doing the exam in next year. It's just the AS course which is wrong.

Am I going to get an actual reply from a human which would probably help me over what seems like a simple mistake?

Any help is appreciated. I have never felt so stressed before in my entire life before. :frown::frown: :frown:

Call ucas as soon as you can and let them know I’m sure they can correct it for you
Original post by islasmila02
i think the first time you click send it just goes to your referee? i might be wrong tho

Original post by CJStevens
Does this mean that your referee has also sent it off? If not, get onto them ASAP!

Yep, my referee also sent it off, and it's at the unis now. I emailed all the universities regarding this change as well as emailed UCAS requesting to amend this qualification. :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by McGinger
Dont panic.

This is very minor and it isnt going to have any impact of your chances of an offer.
You have contacted UCAS. They will correct it on your application.

Breathe.

Thank you for the reply :smile:, hopefully, they will correct it. I contacted UCAS via [email protected] and also filled out the online form to amend my qualification. I also emailed all the universities requesting to amend the mistake.

If I get an offer from a university, for example, Bristol before this is change, or whilst this is being changed, will that offer still be valid? This isn't affecting my offer at all in terms of A-levels as I did that correctly, it's just the AS qualification.
Original post by khunter123444
Thank you for the reply :smile:, hopefully, they will correct it. I contacted UCAS via [email protected] and also filled out the online form to amend my qualification. I also emailed all the universities requesting to amend the mistake.

If I get an offer from a university, for example, Bristol before this is change, or whilst this is being changed, will that offer still be valid? This isn't affecting my offer at all in terms of A-levels as I did that correctly, it's just the AS qualification.

You're over-doing this

You needed to contact UCAS first and wait until they told you that they'd amended your application. THEN you notify your universities that UCAS have made the correction. Contacting everyone at once might lead to some confusion but it wont harm your application.

Wait until UCAS let you know they've made the amendments and then contact your universities again to let them know that your AS subjects as listed on UCAS are now correct.
Original post by PQ
You're over-doing this

You needed to contact UCAS first and wait until they told you that they'd amended your application. THEN you notify your universities that UCAS have made the correction. Contacting everyone at once might lead to some confusion but it wont harm your application.

Wait until UCAS let you know they've made the amendments and then contact your universities again to let them know that your AS subjects as listed on UCAS are now correct.

Yes I probobly am tbh.

I do have some good news, UCAS has corrected the mistake, as well as Imperial and Cambridge both replying to my emails saying that they too have amended my application and everything will be okay.

:smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending