The Student Room Group

how do you talk about an essay competition

recently i won a partial scholarship after 'winning' a chemistry essay competition.

im applying for this engineering thing, so I wanted to mention this is my cover letter. But how do i do this as in my essay I wrote about polyethene, but that's not really relevant to engineering?
Original post by vix.xvi
recently i won a partial scholarship after 'winning' a chemistry essay competition.

im applying for this engineering thing, so I wanted to mention this is my cover letter. But how do i do this as in my essay I wrote about polyethene, but that's not really relevant to engineering?

I know nothing but have you got someone else to state this like a testimonial?
Original post by Thebigworld
I know nothing but have you got someone else to state this like a testimonial?

sorry what do you mean? x
Original post by vix.xvi
sorry what do you mean? x

A testimonial is formal statement from someone else to get you a better job or position

If you put it in your letter and they asked for evidence, would you be able to ask a tutor/teacher/whatever to back you up? This may be a certificate or a written letter

Sorry I like the word testimonial, though I never have chance to use as it is such an old word! x
59E6229B-D6BE-46D5-B5E2-2BC12928467E.jpegSee what I mean
It IS going up though!
A testimonial is formal statement from someone else to get you a better job or position

If you put it in your letter and they asked for evidence, would you be able to ask a tutor/teacher/whatever to back you up? This may be a certificate or a written letter

Sorry I like the word testimonial, though I never have chance to use as it is such an old word! x

ahh ok
i mean i have the email? id dint do it through school

wait is it ok if i pm you my cover letter to have a look?
Original post by vix.xvi
ahh ok
i mean i have the email? id dint do it through school

wait is it ok if i pm you my cover letter to have a look?

Yes sure
Yes sure

tyyy
If I may ask is it the Immerse Education essay competition?
"Engineering thing"?
"Cover letter"?

Are you actually applying for an Engineering degree?
Are you applying through UCAS?
Original post by ScienceApply_22
If I may ask is it the Immerse Education essay competition?

lol how did you know what competition it is? :0
Original post by McGinger
"Engineering thing"?
"Cover letter"?

Are you actually applying for an Engineering degree?
Are you applying through UCAS?

nah it was for this engineering scheme xx
and yeah haha i was quite undescriptive in my original post lol
but its ok i got in :smile:
Original post by vix.xvi
lol how did you know what competition it is? :0

Because I also got a partial scholarship. :h: However, 30% for engineering. Are you applying for chemistry or engineering for university? And if I may ask which engineering scheme is it?
Original post by ScienceApply_22
Because I also got a partial scholarship. :h: However, 30% for engineering. Are you applying for chemistry or engineering for university? And if I may ask which engineering scheme is it?

oooh nice well done lol
im not sure what im applying to uni for yet x
oh the engineering scheme is a thing through school with a local company
When you say how do you talk about it - what are you writing for talking about the essay comp?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending