The Student Room Group

i like this girl in my module

My first week of Uni was this week and there’s this girl in my Uni lectures every Tuesday. She sat behind me and I thought she was one of the cutest girls I had seen. She seems really quiet and reserved and more the type of student to get on with the lecturer more than the students.

The lecturer went to the loo and said we could chat amongst ourselves in the meantime. I gained the courage to turn behind and talk to her (proud of myself as I would never). I kind of lied by starting the conversation with “I really like that book too” as she was asked what her favourite book was in class. However, we just spoke about how we both loved France, first impressions of Uni and career aspirations. She told me she hadn’t really got on with anyone at the Uni yet too and on weekends would just go back to her home in London. It just caught my eye when I had to wipe down my table and she was watching me do it. When I looked behind, she was smiling right at me. I couldn’t talk to her after the lecture as she had another lecture in the same room so I couldn’t stay but now I’m worried she will forget me as all our lectures are online next week and we will be back on campus the week after. I tried to see if she was on campus the rest of this week when I was but I didn’t see her.

Did she like me too? What do I do now? Do you think she appreciated my confidence? Will she forget me?

Scroll to see replies

Say hi next week, ask for her name...
Original post by Anonymous
My first week of Uni was this week and there’s this girl in my Uni lectures every Tuesday. She sat behind me and I thought she was one of the cutest girls I had seen. She seems really quiet and reserved and more the type of student to get on with the lecturer more than the students.

The lecturer went to the loo and said we could chat amongst ourselves in the meantime. I gained the courage to turn behind and talk to her (proud of myself as I would never). I kind of lied by starting the conversation with “I really like that book too” as she was asked what her favourite book was in class. However, we just spoke about how we both loved France, first impressions of Uni and career aspirations. She told me she hadn’t really got on with anyone at the Uni yet too and on weekends would just go back to her home in London. It just caught my eye when I had to wipe down my table and she was watching me do it. When I looked behind, she was smiling right at me. I couldn’t talk to her after the lecture as she had another lecture in the same room so I couldn’t stay but now I’m worried she will forget me as all our lectures are online next week and we will be back on campus the week after. I tried to see if she was on campus the rest of this week when I was but I didn’t see her.

Did she like me too? What do I do now? Do you think she appreciated my confidence? Will she forget me?

I guarantee you she won’t forget you

You seriously didn’t get any socials or contact number or anything??
it’s a week, and then you’ll see her again so you should be good!! We love to see it
Omg that's so adorable, next time you have a lecture w her maybe sit w her and ask her name and get her ig or soemthing
As a girl, I can say these kind of interactions replay in our heads over and over so I doubt she’ll have forgotten you...I bet she’s dying to bump into you on campus too! If you see anyone that could potentially know her try asking for name and socials!
Reply 5
ask for help on a question or somethin that can do it
this is cute.
Original post by anaindiemood
As a girl, I can say these kind of interactions replay in our heads over and over so I doubt she’ll have forgotten you...I bet she’s dying to bump into you on campus too! If you see anyone that could potentially know her try asking for name and socials!

Honestly!! I just read the post and I’ve been thinking about the interaction for agesss so imagine her!!!
This is so cute. Please update when you see her again :awesome:

This is the cutest **** ever. Invite us to the wedding when you two get married. Thanks haha.
Original post by AnnaBananana
Say hi next week, ask for her name...

Oh I know her name and she knows mine. Just stupidly didn’t ask for her surname
Original post by Anon12345678987
I guarantee you she won’t forget you

You seriously didn’t get any socials or contact number or anything??
it’s a week, and then you’ll see her again so you should be good!! We love to see it

No I know her first name and she knows my first name but neither of our surnames. I tried searching her on Facebook by adding her first name and university all in one search but still couldn’t find her. Hope she doesn’t forget me or my name too!!
Original post by anaindiemood

This makes me really happy and I will do next time. Probably should ask her to get a coffee after our lectures
No I know her first name and she knows my first name but neither of our surnames. I tried searching her on Facebook by adding her first name and university all in one search but still couldn’t find her. Hope she doesn’t forget me or my name too!!

It’s just a shame that the next week will be all on ZOOM and I’ll have to wait the week after
UPDATE: So I know it’s been almost two weeks but we had another lecture today and she held the door for me before, she got really nervous and just went “Hi” then speeded off to the lecture. She sat in the front on her own but afterwards, I noticed her smiling at me again when I went to wipe my table. She held the door afterwards for me and I made conversation. SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME! She also remembered other key details about me. We spoke for 5 mins before our next lecture but before she left, I asked for her Snapchat. She went “YEAH” straight away but then said she’s off Snapchat due to mental health and gave me her Instagram instead.

My only worry is her Instagram has around 1.5K followers as where mine has 300 followers. She told me that she only has one friend at the Uni so far but it does make me paranoid if maybe she has loads of other guys talking to her. I don’t want to offend anyone with my assumption.
UPDATE: So I know it’s been almost two weeks but we had another lecture today and she held the door for me before, she got really nervous and just went “Hi” then speeded off to the lecture. She sat in the front on her own but afterwards, I noticed her smiling at me again when I went to wipe my table. She held the door afterwards for me and I made conversation. SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME! She also remembered other key details about me. We spoke for 5 mins before our next lecture but before she left, I asked for her Snapchat. She went “YEAH” straight away but then said she’s off Snapchat due to mental health and gave me her Instagram instead.

My only worry is her Instagram has around 1.5K followers as where mine has 300 followers. She told me that she only has one friend at the Uni so far but it does make me paranoid if maybe she has loads of other guys talking to her. I don’t want to offend anyone with my assumption.

Omg this is soooo cute. I ship you guys so hard :awesome: I wouldn’t worry about followers, they don’t really mean anything :smile:

look at whos following her and who shes following. if its loads of guys then she belongs to the streets, but if its alot girls, then dont worry as much

if you had her snapchat you would be able to tell off her snap score. did she give you a specific reason why she doesnt use it anymore
Original post by bangmyline
look at whos following her and who shes following. if its loads of guys then she belongs to the streets, but if its alot girls, then dont worry as much

if you had her snapchat you would be able to tell off her snap score. did she give you a specific reason why she doesnt use it anymore

None of this is true. If she has lots of guys, it’s more than likely that most of them are just friends and family. That’s a stupid assumption to make.

Snap score also means nothing because people use Snapchat to talk to their friends, not just potential dates.

AWWWWWW. she must've been thinking about you just like you was.
Bro followers don't mean ****, since she only has one friend at uni, become her friend and get to know her more and ask her on a date perhaps?
ahaha ive learnt from experience to check followers/following trust me

op just play it cool bro. ask her to get food or someting

Original post by Chopinnocturne31
None of this is true. If she has lots of guys, it’s more than likely that most of them are just friends and family. That’s a stupid assumption to make.

Snap score also means nothing because people use Snapchat to talk to their friends, not just potential dates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending