The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

(i’ve commented on here like months ago but I’ve since changed my mind on what course I’m applying to so oof)

Course: Modern History (also considering Modern History and Middle Eastern Studies)
GCSE grades: 887755543
A-Levels: Law, History and English Literature (predicted AAA)
Relevant extra-curricular: a whole lotta reading, several summer schools such as UNIQ, podcasts, online lectures, MOOCs.
Region: England
Fee status: rUK
Uni choices (not in order of preference): Exeter, Edinburgh and Leeds... I’ve yet to decide on my last choice!
Why St Andrews?: it’s lowkey the perfect uni for me, by the sea, nice and peaceful...it seems like the perfect place to study and have fun you know? House parties and drinking with mates is far more up my street than nightclubs. Hence why for me it’s a bonus that it’s lacking in that department. It’s an amazing uni, esp for History, it would be a dream to get to experience their Middle Eastern Studies modules too!

Good luck everyone...when are you all thinking of sending off ur applications?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 61
What course you are applying for: Classical Studies
GCSEs (or equivalent, eg. GPA or SATs): 9888777765
A level / IB / Highers predicted or achieved: History, Chemistry and Maths, hopefully predicted A*AA but we haven't been told our predicted grades yet
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: Just a load of reading
UK region or country you are from: England
Fee status (EU, rUK or Overseas):rUK
University choices, in order of preference: Durham, St Andrews, Royal Holloway and another two that I haven't decided on yet
Why St Andrews?: Like the idea of going to a town rather than a city and the course seems great
Hi guys, I'm Ciara 🙂

What course you are applying for: MA English!
GCSEs (or equivalent, eg. GPA or SATs): 9999866644
A level / IB / Highers predicted or achieved: A*A*A*A (achieved)
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: reading, lectures, tutoring, journalism, restoring antique books
Region or country you are from: West Midlands, England
Fee status (EU, rUK or Overseas): rUK
University choices, in order of preference: I really don't know, advice appreciated here! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6699990&p=91054900#post91054900
Why St Andrews?: Beautiful, good reputation, flexible course
Original post by Ciara0720
Hi guys, I'm Ciara 🙂

What course you are applying for: MA English!
GCSEs (or equivalent, eg. GPA or SATs): 9999866644
A level / IB / Highers predicted or achieved: A*A*A*A (achieved)
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: reading, lectures, tutoring, journalism, restoring antique books
Region or country you are from: West Midlands, England
University choices, in order of preference: I really don't know, advice appreciated here! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6699990&p=91054900#post91054900
Why St Andrews?: Beautiful, good reputation, flexible course

Awh I’m from the West Mids too! From good ol Brum ✌🏾 good luck with ur application :smile:
Original post by justjas33
Awh I’m from the West Mids too! From good ol Brum ✌🏾 good luck with ur application :smile:

Hey! I live about 30 mins out from Brum haha
Thank you, you too 🙂 What are you applying for?
I have a place for Economics and Management for 2021 as I've taken a leave of absence / deferred due to medical / covid reason after the first week. I can also apply to 5 other unis via UCAS which I'm going to do to keep my options open. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Achieved A Level grades:
A* - Product design
A - Economics
A - Maths
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ciara0720
Hey! I live about 30 mins out from Brum haha
Thank you, you too 🙂 What are you applying for?

Ahaha cool! And thank you!
Modern History :smile:
hello guys,
what course you are applying for: english
GCSEs (or equivalent, eg. GPA or SATs): 99998666443 fml
A level / IB / Highers predicted or achieved: achieved a*a*a* in english literature, history, english language
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: creative writing, tutoring, reading lots of books lol, book reviews
Region or country you are from: north england
University choices, in order of preference: wish I could tell you lol but I think cambridge, st andrews, ?, ?, ? so far (feel free to recommend some lol)
Why St Andrews?: so so pretty, course looks really interesting, like the flexibility, good reputation
Hi!

What course you are applying for: Biology
GCSE grades (or SAT/ACT score; GPA..): 999998877A*
A level / IB / Highers, AP predicted or achieved grades: Biology (A*), Psychology (A*), Chemistry (A), AS Geography (got an A)
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: created and run research skills club, head of school's science society, volunteered at a charity shop for 3+ years, 2 extended research projects (not epq), 5 lab work experience placements (4 are week long in person (did them last year), 1 virtual), written for school science magazine, editor for school newspaper, harvard biochem mooc, neuroscience blog
UK region or country you are from: London
Your fee status (Home/EU, rUK or Overseas): Home
Universities you are thinking of, in order of preference: UCL, St Andrews, Durham, Warwick, Bath
Why St Andrews?: I love that I can experience several different subjects at once, since my secondary school has a very limited choice of subjects, plus who doesnt want a beach at uni haha
Original post by lunarzephyr
Hi!

What course you are applying for: Biology
GCSE grades (or SAT/ACT score; GPA..): 999998877A*
A level / IB / Highers, AP predicted or achieved grades: Biology (A*), Psychology (A*), Chemistry (A), AS Geography (got an A)
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: created and run research skills club, head of school's science society, volunteered at a charity shop for 3+ years, 2 extended research projects (not epq), 5 lab work experience placements (4 are week long in person (did them last year), 1 virtual), written for school science magazine, editor for school newspaper, harvard biochem mooc, neuroscience blog
UK region or country you are from: London
Your fee status (Home/EU, rUK or Overseas): Home
Universities you are thinking of, in order of preference: UCL, St Andrews, Durham, Warwick, Bath
Why St Andrews?: I love that I can experience several different subjects at once, since my secondary school has a very limited choice of subjects, plus who doesnt want a beach at uni haha

wow, i graduated with a Biology degree from St Andrews, i'm also from London (suburbs) and at the time i applied to St Andrews, Durham, Warwick, Bath... you sound like an amazing candidate for Cambridge tbh. lmk if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by A Rolling Stone
wow, i graduated with a Biology degree from St Andrews, i'm also from London (suburbs) and at the time i applied to St Andrews, Durham, Warwick, Bath... you sound like an amazing candidate for Cambridge tbh. lmk if you have any questions :smile:

ahaha tysm, i was considering cambridge but decided against it as natsci isnt for me haha
Anybody submitted his/her ucas application 2021?
Original post by Mina Abdulkerim
Anybody submitted his/her ucas application 2021?

yup
Original post by Medi-cry
yup

Great to hear that! could you tell me what courses you choose n university/college?

for instance I choose Biological science(human bioscience) at Oxford Brookes university.
Original post by Mina Abdulkerim
Great to hear that! could you tell me what courses you choose n university/college?

for instance I choose Biological science(human bioscience) at Oxford Brookes university.

I'm applying for medicine at cambridge, imperial, st andrews and Cardiff and then neuroscience at Warwick :smile:
I'm applying for medicine at cambridge, imperial, st andrews and Cardiff and then neuroscience at Warwick :smile:

Is yours undergraduate application for U.K. or postgraduate?
Original post by Anonymous
Is yours undergraduate application for U.K. or postgraduate?

undergrad
Did you hear back an offer from any of your chosen universities?
yup

Good luck!
Scottish student here!
What course you are applying for: Economics
GCSEs (or equivalent, eg. GPA or SATs): 10A's in National 5's
A level / IB / Highers predicted or achieved: 9A's in Highers
Extra curriculars relevant to your subject: Debating, read some books, some essay contests etc
UK region or country you are from: Scotland!
Fee status (EU, rUK or Overseas): UK (no tuition fees because I'm Scottish)
University choices, in order of preference: Cambridge, LSE, St Andrews/Edinburgh/Glasgow (idk what to choose between these 3 haha)
Why St Andrews?: Seems so friendly and I know some people that have gone there that highly recommend it
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending