The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Further Mathematics - Core Pure 1 - 5 October 2020

Edexcel Further Mathematics Paper 1 (Core Pure Mathematics 1)

Date: 5 October 2020
Session: PM
Length: 1h30
Marks: 75 (a fourth of the total A-level)

Paper 1 can cover anything on the Core Pure Mathematics part of the specification.

If you want to use old spec resources, there is a content mapping document here. Be aware that the style is different and the old specification does not cover everything.

Content Mapping

A summary of content mapping is below.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone sitting this with me on Monday - paper 1 Core Pure. Starting to get nervous now, petrified I’m going to make stupid mistakes 🙄
Reply 2
me lol - i've been trying to revise but i'm too nervous and jittery to concentrate properly haha
😁sounds like me. Keep making stupid mistakes. Best of luck- I’m hoping they will be kind and not throw in too many curve balls
Original post by Araucana
Anyone sitting this with me on Monday - paper 1 Core Pure. Starting to get nervous now, petrified I’m going to make stupid mistakes 🙄

Original post by asdfdddd
me lol - i've been trying to revise but i'm too nervous and jittery to concentrate properly haha

Hi both :wavey:

Just to let you know I've moved this chat into our official thread for Monday's exam!

How are you both getting on? Ready for tomorrow?
Just going through vectors (feeling relieved when I realise some stuff isn’t until FP1). Just hoping they will be good to us - no strangely worded questions with sneaky twists but then it is Edexcel so ........
Reply 6
I've suddenly realised that I have no idea what formulae are in the booklet we get. I found this online

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2017/specification-and-sample-assesment/Pearson_Edexcel_A_Level_GCE_in_Mathematics_Formulae_Book.pdf

But does anybody know -- do we get the WHOLE booklet tomorrow - including the formulae for maths AS level and maths A level as well as Further Maths. Or do we just get the Core Pure bit?
Reply 7
Original post by Araucana
Just going through vectors (feeling relieved when I realise some stuff isn’t until FP1). Just hoping they will be good to us - no strangely worded questions with sneaky twists but then it is Edexcel so ........

doing vectors rn too! finding lines reflected in planes really does my head in... hoping the questions will be straightforward as well, please please please. good luck!!!!!
Hadn’t looked at that bit again aaagh, just looked at planes and perpendicular distances. Best of luck to you as well. Hopefully they set these ones during lock down and will have pity on us 🙏
I wish you all the best !!
Thank you
Original post by Otak
I've suddenly realised that I have no idea what formulae are in the booklet we get. I found this online

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2017/specification-and-sample-assesment/Pearson_Edexcel_A_Level_GCE_in_Mathematics_Formulae_Book.pdf

But does anybody know -- do we get the WHOLE booklet tomorrow - including the formulae for maths AS level and maths A level as well as Further Maths. Or do we just get the Core Pure bit?

I think you get the whole booklet - it does say in the pages for the further maths that you may need some of the formula given for plain maths given in earlier pages.
That is my task tomorrow - reminding myself where certain formula are!
Good luck today guys! How are you all feeling?
Edgy 😂
How did it go today guys?!
Original post by Evil Homer
How did it go today guys?!

Not great but I think I'm in the wrong thread, I did OCR FM pure 1 just now but can't find a thread for that here. The paper was so difficult and I was hoping to see if others felt that aswell :frown:
Reply 16
well that was ****
That was interesting

How did everyone find it?

Grade boundaries are decreasing in my opinion
Reply 18
That went **** for me, impossible to finish the paper
I found it reasonably okay I think unless I made a lot of errors.
Do we discuss what was on it or is there a time restriction?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending