The Student Room Group

Clearing

Can someone please help me!

I have decided to change university in the first week of term, to one that doesn't start till next week. I have withdrawn my current uni (which is confirmed) and have an offer from my new one through clearing, however it hasn't updated on my UCAS so I can accept my new offer. It says it will take up to 24 hours, but it hasn't yet and now I am panicking, I will still be able to enrol at a new uni right? Just because I enrolled and withdrew at another one that doesn't mean I can't start at a different one?
Original post by anonymoussheep1
Can someone please help me!

I have decided to change university in the first week of term, to one that doesn't start till next week. I have withdrawn my current uni (which is confirmed) and have an offer from my new one through clearing, however it hasn't updated on my UCAS so I can accept my new offer. It says it will take up to 24 hours, but it hasn't yet and now I am panicking, I will still be able to enrol at a new uni right? Just because I enrolled and withdrew at another one that doesn't mean I can't start at a different one?

It's probably just been delayed because of the weekend so try not to worry and phone UCAS in the morning
Original post by harrysbar
It's probably just been delayed because of the weekend so try not to worry and phone UCAS in the morning

Thank you for your reply. Will withdrawing from uni release me into clearing as its the very start of the academic year?
Thank you for your reply. Will withdrawing from uni release me into clearing as its the very start of the academic year?

I'm not sure what happens at this time of year but UCAS employ advisers who can help you

You need to check with your old university whether they'll also release you into Clearing on UCAS as well as withdrawing you.
Thank you. Yes I contacted UCAS and they said this was the case, I have contacted my uni so let’s hope they release me! 😂
Thank you. Yes I contacted UCAS and they said this was the case, I have contacted my uni so let’s hope they release me! 😂

Depending on the university when you enrol you are changed from an applicant to a student - so you end up with a different team processing your withdrawal who never deal with UCAS. Unless you mention that you need to be released on UCAS into Clearing then that wont normally happen automatically. :smile:

Hope it's sorted soon - you can always try ringing admissions at your old university to speed things up a bit (and just make sure your new university is kept in the loop about the reason for the delay)
Original post by PQ
Depending on the university when you enrol you are changed from an applicant to a student - so you end up with a different team processing your withdrawal who never deal with UCAS. Unless you mention that you need to be released on UCAS into Clearing then that wont normally happen automatically. :smile:

Hope it's sorted soon - you can always try ringing admissions at your old university to speed things up a bit (and just make sure your new university is kept in the loop about the reason for the delay)

Ok that makes more sense😃 thanks very much for taking the time to help me, it’s made me very stressed! Unfortunately they aren’t using the phone lines so I can only email, so everything takes a lot longer. I will contact my new uni to explain why I haven’t put my offer into UCAS yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending