The Student Room Group

I fancy someone I work with

I’m 19 and a guy.

I work with a girl who is about a year older than me.

We’ve always got on well together. I feel like we’ve gotten closer. I always wind her up (in a jokey way)

I am starting to have feelings for her. Could I get into trouble for this if she ever found out? Obviously I don’t know if she feels the same way
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 19 and a guy.

We’ve always got on well together. I feel like we’ve gotten closer. I always wind her up (in a jokey way)

I am starting to have feelings for her. Could I get into trouble for this if she ever found out? Obviously I don’t know if she feels the same way

You’re not going to get in trouble for liking someone. Pay attention to how she reacts to the way you wind her up “in a jokey way” it might be funny sometimes but you don’t want to over do it.

Do you two ever talk outside of work?
Why would you get in trouble?

Ideally you shouldn't date someone you work with, as it could get super awkward if you ever break up.
I’m 19 and a guy.

Some relationships start with working together. You wont get to trouble, but if you like her go out together as friends to start with and assess from there.
ask her out. rejection is better than regret
Reply 5
Original post by AlaiaKenny
You’re not going to get in trouble for liking someone. Pay attention to how she reacts to the way you wind her up “in a jokey way” it might be funny sometimes but you don’t want to over do it.

Do you two ever talk outside of work?

Yes we mainly talk on Facebook messenger.

We don’t actually work our contracted shifts together, but I’ve done overtime on some of her shifts and she’s done overtime during my shifts from time to time so we’ve got to know eachother that way.

But we talk quite a lot on Facebook messenger.

When I wind her up, she just replies with stuff like “omg you’re so annoying”

She doesn’t mean that in a serious way though
Been there don't do it. Unprofessional and very complicated. In my case we had a 'fling' lasting about a month with her suddenly changing her mind and the changing her mind again. Not healthy, you have to go see her at work. Probably easier if you dump her though ngl.

Crush your feelings or crush yourself mate.
I’m 19 and a guy.

Is she fit?
Reply 8
Original post by Big gibber
Is she fit?

Yeah she is
Yeah she is

Go for it then mate
Yeah she is

Ngl my **** still thinks it's a good idea even though having been through it, it's really not. So whatever just be prepared for the mental issues afterwards since you clearly like her a lot lol.
Not a good idea to mix work with pleasure. Just appreciate that you work with someone whose company you enjoy and who is not a miserable person.
Never date a coworker, relative, friend or housemate.
Too much risk when things start to go wrong.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
Never date a coworker, relative, friend or housemate.
Too much risk when things start to go wrong.

Oops I've done all three

Didn't realise u added relative lmao. No haven't gone there.
Ask her out on a date a walk in the park and coffee no you cant get in any trouble go for it
Reply 15
Many people date colleagues, usually ends in tears, very occasionally it’s happy ever after. If it’s on, I would tend to live for the moment. Go for the ambiguous daytime coffee date suggestion.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest