The Student Room Group

Payments for masters loan

Hi Isaac,

I have a question about payment for postgrad/master loan. I got letter of confirmation and payment schedule from SFE last week - dates 22nd Sept. it says the first payment will be 22nd sept - 4/5 working days around that. However, that has now passes and there is no sign of the payment. My bank acct provides notification of payments and it isn’t even showing as a pending payment. Is there really no backlog for payments ??
Original post by CharlieBrownSays
Hi Isaac,

I have a question about payment for postgrad/master loan. I got letter of confirmation and payment schedule from SFE last week - dates 22nd Sept. it says the first payment will be 22nd sept - 4/5 working days around that. However, that has now passes and there is no sign of the payment. My bank acct provides notification of payments and it isn’t even showing as a pending payment. Is there really no backlog for payments ??

Hi, we have zero backlog.

If your online account under the 'Your Finance' http://ow.ly/hqFS30ptSwp section still states 'Awaiting Confirmation', we require your University to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) electronically to us. Please ask them to send this through.

We will process this within 24-48 hours of receipt and then your online payment schedule will update, confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi,
Thanks - I don’t have an online acct. I thought the Uni sent confirmation of registration prior to SFE accepting and making the schedule? Otherwise SFE wouldn’t know I actually had a place on the course etc. Uni said I tell Uni I am using loan to pay, they tell SFE I’m registered then that’s it
Tbh I don’t really understand why I was sent a letter 22nd sept giving Total amount , course I’m doing, the Uni etc and the 3 Payment the dates /amounts if that is not what is going to happen ...
what’s that all about???
Hi,
Thanks - I don’t have an online acct. I thought the Uni sent confirmation of registration prior to SFE accepting and making the schedule? Otherwise SFE wouldn’t know I actually had a place on the course etc. Uni said I tell Uni I am using loan to pay, they tell SFE I’m registered then that’s it

Tbh I don’t really understand why I was sent a letter 22nd sept giving Total amount , course I’m doing, the Uni etc and the 3 Payment the dates /amounts if that is not what is going to happen ...
what’s that all about???

All applicants have an online account. I suggest you give us a call on 0300 100 0607 and the advisor can help you access your account and also check to see if we have received confirmation of registration.

We approve your app and schedule payments before we receive confirmation.We release the funding once we receive confirmation.
Thanks, Isaac
Oh I see ok ... I applied by post . So I shouldn’t really take much notice of that letter ... but once SFE have said I am getting funding it’s right right? I hope they don’t change their minds!!!
I mean - if I have an online acct that means it is set up without me - I never went online so have no password etc
But there is nothing about not having an acct on letter - no instructions
BONKERS Isaac, the system is bonkers .
I don’t envy your job..
I mean - if I have an online acct that means it is set up without me - I never went online so have no password etc

But there is nothing about not having an acct on letter - no instructions

You should of been sent the details in the post. I advise you to call us so an advisor can help you access your account. It sounds like we just need your university to send us confirmation of registration.
Thanks, Isaac
They sent on 22nd sept - can you check my acct??
Ok so I now see a pending payment in my current account. So it has been about 8/9 working days. I wonder if this is something to do with today being first of month and Uni start pushes back to October ..
They sent on 22nd sept - can you check my acct??

Ok so I now see a pending payment in my current account. So it has been about 8/9 working days. I wonder if this is something to do with today being first of month and Uni start pushes back to October ..

I can't check your account over TSR, this is only possible over Facebook/Twitter or by calling.

Is this now resolved?
Thanks, Isaac
Yup it’s resolved. No idea why it happened . Thanks Isaac.
Yup it’s resolved. No idea why it happened . Thanks Isaac.

Great news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending