The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Official University of Chester 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Chester for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Hi. I submitted an application last week to study Mental Health Nursing. I'm a mature student so have already completed my A-Levels in Psychology, Law and English Language. Good luck to everyone with their applications!
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by laurakate94
Hi. I submitted an application last week to study Mental Health Nursing. I'm a mature student so have already completed my A-Levels in Psychology, Law and English Language. Good luck to everyone with their applications!

Hello. I saw your post on the UClan forum for Mental Health Nursing. I applied to Chester also. What other unis did you apply to?
Original post by Zee_gal
Hello. I saw your post on the UClan forum for Mental Health Nursing. I applied to Chester also. What other unis did you apply to?

Hi! I've applied to Salford and Edge Hill also. I'm applying for Mental Health Undergrad. Are you applying for your masters?
Reply 4
Hi! I've applied to Salford and Edge Hill also. I'm applying for Mental Health Undergrad. Are you applying for your masters?

Yeah. Adult nursing. When did you apply to Chester and UClan?
Original post by Zee_gal
Yeah. Adult nursing. When did you apply to Chester and UClan?

2 weeks ago.. It will be 3 weeks on Friday. (not like I'm counting) When did you apply?
Reply 6
2 weeks ago.. It will be 3 weeks on Friday. (not like I'm counting) When did you apply?

2 weeks ago. When do you think unis are likely to start interviewing?
Original post by Zee_gal

I had to email Chester to make an amendment to my application and they emailed to say they will be looking at applications over the next few weeks. I'm checking my emails all the time so hopefully it won't take too long!
Original post by Zee_gal

I’ve just received an interview for Chester! Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 9
I’ve just received an interview for Chester! Have you heard anything yet?

Not yet. Hopefully, I'll hear soon. I applied for the MSc though. Goodluck with your interview.
Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Chester for 2021!

hello :smile:) i'm currently studying history, politics and german and i'm applying for politics and history at chester
Original post by Manooka

Hi! I am a medical graduate who has applied for MPH feb 2021 batch. Awaiting my offer letter. I was wondering, how long does it take for the university to send an offer letter once you've submitted your application?
I applied through UCAS a couple of weeks ago and have received all 5 offers with one being Chester to study Early childhood studies with a foundation year. I think I might put Chester as one of my top choices as it seems great and the course looks awesome. It is also easy to travel home as I live in north Wirral which is about an hour and a half train journey. Any advice and information about Chester and my course?
Does anybody know if there is a list of potential teaching placements anywhere online?
Reply 14
Hi, 5 rooms available in 6 bed house. 2 bathrooms. It’s in gladstone road, 5 mins from parkgate road. 80-85 per week.
Starting SEP 21
Message me if interested.
Original post by 17sunnydays
I applied through UCAS a couple of weeks ago and have received all 5 offers with one being Chester to study Early childhood studies with a foundation year. I think I might put Chester as one of my top choices as it seems great and the course looks awesome. It is also easy to travel home as I live in north Wirral which is about an hour and a half train journey. Any advice and information about Chester and my course?

Hello,
Congratulations on receiving all 5 offers, that's incredible news! It's great to hear you're interested in studying with us. Your first year will be based at our Centre of Foundation Studies which you can find out more about here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/departments/centre-foundation-studies. You can also chat to staff from our Centre of Foundation Studies to ask them any questions you may have about the foundation year here: www.chester.ac.uk/ask.
Our Early Childhood Studies course is taught at our Riverside Campus based in the centre of Chester. You can find out more about the course here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/early-childhood-studies, and also view student, Phoebe's video, where she talks about her experiences of being a student at Chester.
Please let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Best wishes,
Hayley
Hey I sent my application 2 weeks ago for midwifery!
Original post by Zee_gal
Not yet. Hopefully, I'll hear soon. I applied for the MSc though. Goodluck with your interview.

Hey, i have a interview date for this. Have you had yours yet?
Reply 18
Original post by Merissas03
Hey, i have a interview date for this. Have you had yours yet?

Congratulations on your interview. I haven’t gotten a reply yet. When did you apply?
Original post by Zee_gal
Congratulations on your interview. I haven’t gotten a reply yet. When did you apply?

Thank you. I sent my application on 9th November and received email for interview on 24th November. Hopefully yours will be on its way soon 🤞🏽

Quick Reply