The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Thakkar25
How did everyone find paper 1 today?

Found it quite hard and was pretty pushed for time. Section B was the worst I thought
Which essay did you answer and what were your main points?
Reply 3
Original post by active historian
Which essay did you answer and what were your main points?

Did the first essay on the oil vs electric vehicles. Spoke first about the effect on the environment and did a negative externality diagram from overproduction of oil-fueled showing the welfare loss, then talked about how government subsidisation could mean they were more affordable to consumers and that tesla offer free charging ports with vehicles and installment. Spoke about opp cost of subsidy to government and talked a bit about how by 2040 sales of oil powered vehicles will stop. Then mentioned that there was costs involved with production of the lithium ion batteries used and how people will continue to use diesel or petrol powered due to the culture behind it and then just spoke about possible unemployment and innovation in the future leading to new electric vehicles, possibly buses or planed
What stuff came up in the paper? Just curious
Reply 5
How did everyone find paper 1 today?

How did you find it?
Do you remember the title of the other essay by any chance?
Reply 7
Original post by Panjsuce
What stuff came up in the paper? Just curious

natural monopolies, price discrimination, employee protection in monopsonistic market
Reply 8
Do you remember the title of the other essay by any chance?

something to do with Amazon can't really remember too much
Don't worry. I was just trying to work out what may come up in the synoptic. Any major topic issues they have not yet covered?

I find that in previous years paper 3 tends to be macro heavy though
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by barry24
How did you find it?

yh I thought it was ok in general I could answer the questions but my evaluation throughout was a little weak
yh I thought it was ok in general I could answer the questions but my evaluation throughout was a little weak

I felt the same, I think grade boundaries this year will be a little lower than usual as many from my college found it difficult. Lets hope paper 2 and 3 are a bit nicer
was rushed for time, not keen on section B :/
Original post by samanthacory
was rushed for time, not keen on section B :/

agreed, your not alone
Original post by barry24
agreed, your not alone

had to rush the 12 and 10 marker . glad everyone else seems to have found it hard too ahah
Original post by barry24
I felt the same, I think grade boundaries this year will be a little lower than usual as many from my college found it difficult. Lets hope paper 2 and 3 are a bit nicer

does anyone know how the grade boundaries are getting done this year? will it be the same as usual because surely there wont be enough to base it on??
had to rush the 12 and 10 marker . glad everyone else seems to have found it hard too ahah

Sorry, what were the 10 and 12 markers?
does anyone know how the grade boundaries are getting done this year? will it be the same as usual because surely there wont be enough to base it on??

I would think in the exact same way, although it is possible the spread of marks will be greater since there are fewer entries meaning more people have very high or very low marks? Only a guess though.
Sorry, what were the 10 and 12 markers?

pretty sure they were the ones talking about privatisation and nationalisation benefits?
I would think in the exact same way, although it is possible the spread of marks will be greater since there are fewer entries meaning more people have very high or very low marks? Only a guess though.

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking? could cause the results to be spread and unfair ? will be interesting to see what happens.

Latest

Trending

Trending